• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braemar not sailing until 2023

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braemar not sailing until 2023

HI All

FO have pushed back the sail dates for Braemar and Bamoral:

Fred. Olsen Pushes Restart Dates of 2 Ships; Braemar Now 2023 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Annie

so long as Balmoral is sailing next xmas and NY... I much prefer it to Bolette, dont like the inside pool or how dark it is when you are trying to play bowls and golf, its also not a people watching ship like balmoral and braemar, although maybe its just what you get used to and I did love the beds and pillows on bolette, best beds I have slept in on any cruise x

Comment

Didn't take long to abandon the covid cruise thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        Suggestion: Make the Covid Cruise Thread a sticky??

Comment

It is shame that Braemar will not be sailing for at least a year. She is a lovely ship and I prefer her to Balmoral. However, it is hardly surprising that the bean counters have decided that it is not economically viable to sail all 4 ships during these uncertain times.

Having lost Boudicca and Black Watch, I think I will be happy with Bolette for the time being, just as long as she sails from Southampton. There were plans for her to sail from Tilbury in 2023 apparently, which wouldn't suit me unless Fred organise transport to the port.
          Jill

Comment

I couldn't find it, so if anyone is interested, herewith 'report' from my friend who was dumped in La Coruna.
            My Christmas and New Year Cruise Ship CUNARD Queen Elizabeth had Covid and I caught it . With 70 other Passengers they off loaded us in LaCoruna Northern Spain . We were put into Isolation in a very swish Hotel .

Not allowed out of the Room at any time until Tuesday . We had a Care Team checking on us and got us things we needed . It was also Christmas (sic) in Spain . We were well cared for .

Needed Fit To Fly and PCR Negative , then to re-do the Passenger Locator Form for Spain and UK .

LaCoruna is a very isolated part of Spain and we all discussed flights home as the local Airport was very small. LaCoruna -Madrid _ Heathrow --Birmingham for me was about 15 hours at least as nothing direct or to Birmingham .

My Travel Insurance people were excellent -- they arranged a Flight from Santiago ( The Pilgrimage Airport ) to Stanstead—a Taxi from the Hotel to Airport and a Taxi waiting for me at Stanstead to get home .

Up to Madeira the Cruise was really good but people started to disappear from tables and we realised that people had been taken off at some of the Islands .

Anyway quite a trip do not think I would trust Cunard again because the QE started another Cruise and then dropped 10 more Covid Passengers off in LaCoruna while we were there . We were all very angry to find this out .

Home now getting my 2Day PCR and wondering if I have to Isolate for another 7 days ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

I couldn't find it, so if anyone is interested, herewith 'report' from my friend who was dumped in La Coruna.

That because people(maybe yourself as well) don't use the recent activity link which has all threads in latest activity order.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/new-topics

the todays activity gets closer but only if someone was active in the last 24hrs on that thread, any older and you don't see it.,

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/todays-topics

Using the main page you miss loads as threads drop off quickly even the very active ones.
              https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/

The recent post after 8 new ones. the hot 4 day after well 4 days,

Comment

That because people(maybe yourself as well) don't use the recent activity link which has all threads in latest activity order.

the todays activity gets closer but only if someone was active in the last 24hrs on that thread, any older and you don't see it.,

Using the main page you miss loads as threads drop off quickly even the very active ones.

On my laptop I use recent activity but I don’t see any way of doing that on my iPad.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

On my laptop I use recent activity but I don’t see any way of doing that on my iPad.

Sheila
                  Snap - after day 5 many threads disappear from quick view whatever device I use.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

Sheila
                    Same here, it’s not a major issue, is it ?

Comment

Set your browser to desktop viewing or just bookmark the links
                      https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/recent-activity

Cruise Dot messed up the mobile view.

Comment

Set your browser to desktop viewing or just bookmark the links

Cruise Dot messed up the mobile view.
                        Thanks. It really doesn’t bother me, it's just weird that the two are so different.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

My Christmas and New Year Cruise Ship CUNARD Queen Elizabeth had Covid and I caught it . With 70 other Passengers they off loaded us in LaCoruna Northern Spain . We were put into Isolation in a very swish Hotel .

Not allowed out of the Room at any time until Tuesday . We had a Care Team checking on us and got us things we needed . It was also Christmas (sic) in Spain . We were well cared for .

Needed Fit To Fly and PCR Negative , then to re-do the Passenger Locator Form for Spain and UK .

LaCoruna is a very isolated part of Spain and we all discussed flights home as the local Airport was very small. LaCoruna -Madrid _ Heathrow --Birmingham for me was about 15 hours at least as nothing direct or to Birmingham .

My Travel Insurance people were excellent -- they arranged a Flight from Santiago ( The Pilgrimage Airport ) to Stanstead—a Taxi from the Hotel to Airport and a Taxi waiting for me at Stanstead to get home .

Up to Madeira the Cruise was really good but people started to disappear from tables and we realised that people had been taken off at some of the Islands .

Anyway quite a trip do not think I would trust Cunard again because the QE started another Cruise and then dropped 10 more Covid Passengers off in LaCoruna while we were there . We were all very angry to find this out .

Home now getting my 2Day PCR and wondering if I have to Isolate for another 7 days ?
                          I understand it is not Cunard or any other cruise line that “dumps passengers off”. It is the country the ship is visiting that demands that any infected passengers are disembarked and are put into quarantine ashore in that country. The cruise line has no say in the matter.

Having said that I imagine the cruise line is quietly pleased to have sources of infection removed so as not to infect other passengers.

Comment

Unfortunately the Latest Activity folder isn't in date order. Surely anything that was posted today should be at the top not mixed up with posts from later dates. No wonder people don't use it and posts get lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Unfortunately the Latest Activity folder isn't in date order. Surely anything that was posted today should be at the top not mixed up with posts from later dates. No wonder people don't use it and posts get lost.
                              it's a search result from the link recent activity at the top in the nav bar you need to use

It's threads ordered by latest post to the thread decending.

Most recent activity is at the top.

If you are using latest activity on the main page just below the consultants.

that does not work as it does not have the links to latest unread post
                              the order is right threads with the most recent activity.

​​​​​

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X