• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCL Changes Covid Protocols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCL Changes Covid Protocols

Hi All

I have shamelessly pinched this from the other place:

Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Changes COVID-19 Testing, Masking Requirements After Omicron Variant Discovered (cruisecritic.co.uk)

In summary mask wearing introduced and more testing after 17 covid cases found on the Breakaway.

How long these extra protocols will remain in place??

Annie

How long is a piece of string. I thought I would have been good to go late February but if anything, it’s got worse.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
      How long is a piece of string. I thought I would have been good to go late February but if anything, it’s got worse.
      We are not safe until the whole world is safe.

We need to vaccinate the world.

I am still hoping the increase in the number of mutations in the Omicron variant has reduced the severity of the virus - maybe scientifically illogical but we should know soon.

Until the entry regulations for my preferred destinations are relaxed, I am content to vacation closer to home.

Annie

Comment

The US cruise rules have been pretty lax for some time.

Italy has upgraded green pass rules, negative test not accepted for a lot of activities now.

Comment

South Africa, America, Germany and Norway all say that the omicron mutation does not cause serious symptoms and usually does not require hospitalisation.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

We are not safe until the whole world is safe.

We need to vaccinate the world.

I am still hoping the increase in the number of mutations in the Omicron variant has reduced the severity of the virus - maybe scientifically illogical but we should know soon.

Until the entry regulations for my preferred destinations are relaxed, I am content to vacation closer to home.

Annie
            I thought thinks were looking very good at the end of October when we booked our late November Iona cruise but it has proved to be not so.

After sailing our government changed the rules for overseas visitors twice and Portugal suddenly required a lateral flow test with very little notice.

As you say we need to vaccinate the whole world to be safe and that will not happen for many a year.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X