• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iona departure delayed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our daughter is concerned re the new covid regulations in regards to the PCR tests and self isolation.

Firstly because she visits the company’s French office for a couple days every month in order to carry out staff training.. She normally drives via the channel tunnel and takes another member of staff with her, saves her having to get out of the car at the toll booths (on opposite side in France for UK drivers) to pay or obtain tickets, 😳 Any delay in PCR results on return could delay her return to the office.

Secondly her company’s Christmas get together takes place in Colchester on 19th December and most if the company’s European agents and staff are booked to fly over for the event, with the new Covid self isolation regulations, they are worried that any delay in their PCR test results, could result in them not getting back home in time for Christmas.

Our daughter experience with getting her results back after a PCR test have not been the same as JC’s, she has always had to wait a few days for hers. Maybe different with walk in test centres, but none local to us.
    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 28th November 2021, 12:39 PM.
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
      Our daughter is concerned re the new covid regulations in regards to the PCR tests and self isolation.

Firstly because she visits the company’s French office for a couple days every month in order to carry out staff training.. She normally drives via the channel tunnel and takes another member of staff with her, saves her having to get out of the car at the toll booths (on opposite side in France for UK drivers) to pay or obtain tickets, 😳 Any delay in PCR results on return could delay her return to the office.

Secondly her company’s Christmas get together takes place in Colchester on 19th December and most if the company’s European agents and staff are booked to fly over for the event, with the new Covid self isolation regulations, they are worried that any delay in their PCR test results, could result in them not getting back home in time for Christmas.

Our daughter experience with getting her results back after a PCR test have not been the same as JC’s, she has always had to wait a few days for hers.

Thanks Delboy.

There will be many companies who will be in a smiler situation and corporate head offices will be working hard to overcome these challenges. When I was working, I could visit the Dutch and Mumbai offices regularly in the same month.

Devil as always is in the detail and I do wonder how long the list of exemptions will be.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Don't you just love 'suspicions'! No one can actually verify them so 'suspicions' make great clickbait, especially in the Mail Online for that balanced view on life!

I am so sorry for those who have had their cruises cancelled [welcome to my world] and at such short notice [we were 'lucky' and had around a week's notice for our August '21 cruise]. The weather really did have the upper hand here and me not being a ship's Captain, could not say if the decision to delay arrival was right or wrong but the cancelled cruise? Cunard can't do right for wrong in this instance.

Shortened cruise? We want to cancel. No ports? Huge outcry. Suspect ports visited? Huge outcry.

Moral? You books your trip and you takes your chance at the moment.
        Any delay turns it into a cruise to nowhere.

Don't rule out a covid outbreak give a chance for a deep clean

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi JC

I don't expect Cunard to reveal their commercially confidential information but people will speculate

It will be interesting to note the turnaround times going forward with PCR.

Annie
          Annie if you have a NHS PCR test you receive your results the next day. The last one Hubby had to have, (due to one of his pupils being covid +ve and being within the 48hr contact window), he had his test at 11.30 and his result by 5am next morning.

Our day 2 PCR post cruise test…………swab done at home on the Friday morning, posted right after, result texted and emailed Saturday evening.
          Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 28th November 2021, 01:42 PM.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Any delay turns it into a cruise to nowhere.

Don't rule out a covid outbreak give a chance for a deep clean
            I have no idea if we'll get to know the reason for the cancellation, apart from if a Covid 'outbreak is involved. If that is the reason, and I very much doubt it, then I'm pretty sure we would already have heard about. it.
            Last edited by Mrs M; 28th November 2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi all
              She would have trouble docking in my garden at the minute.
              Trouble with backing on to a woods during a storm……..

A34B2D8A-11F2-49FE-9351-A7A55245A462.jpeg
              JC
              Hi all
              At least it’s covered the leaves,,,get ready folks it’s coming your way…..

68BF1FA5-18B1-427F-B65A-C1831AFBAB31.jpeg
              JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi all
                At least it’s covered the leaves,,,get ready folks it’s coming your way…..

68BF1FA5-18B1-427F-B65A-C1831AFBAB31.jpeg
                JC
                Been and gone

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X