• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False?? Borealis and Covid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True or False?? Borealis and Covid

Hi All

A passenger is running a thread on Twitter stating he has been offloaded at Funchal because he was a close contact (shared a dinner table) of a passenger who tested positive for Covid 19.

He reports the hotel could be better.

Prior to arrival in Funchal he was quarantined in his cabin.

Motto would appear to be don't share tables. I am naive - I thought was the default unless the bookings are linked.

Annie

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    Hi All

A passenger is running a thread on Twitter stating he has been offloaded at Funchal because he was a close contact (shared a dinner table) of a passenger who tested positive for Covid 19.

Motto would appear to be don't share tables. I am naive - I thought was the default unless the bookings are linked.

Annie
    Is there any evidence they did not link bookings either before or on board as a volunteer bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Is there any evidence they did not link bookings either before or on board as a volunteer bubble?

From the twitter thread, it was stated it was a volunteer bubble??

10 day enforced quarantine is a high price to pay JMO.

Annie

Comment

From the twitter thread, it was stated it was a volunteer bubble??

10 day enforced quarantine is a high price to pay JMO.

Annie
        Why did you miss that key fact on your initial post?

Comment

Old adage
          Never volunteer for anything..

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Why did you miss that key fact on your initial post?
            I am human

Annie

Comment

We were on an MSC cruise in September and had a table for two.

It was right next to another table for two. There can't have been more than three inches between them.

So it was a table for four.

Dining arrangements for the cruise company's convenience rather than passenger safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                Old adage
                Never volunteer for anything..

Garf
                So very true Garf.

Interestingly Funchall was the 1st POC after Liverpool.

Question is : Did someone embark at Liverpool with Covid 19 or was it crew?

Annie

Comment

Hi All

Annie
                  On Britannia a few weeks ago they were asking in the MDR "Happy to share?" as in the past. Every time we said "No, a table for 2 please" and they gave us a table for 2. Others didn't mind and were placed on tables with "strangers". No enforced separation in the theatre either. Most kept a seat space between others but some didn't, notably those arriving very close to curtain up. My wife kept her handbag on the seat next to her and we had no problems.

Difficult to know how far to take this. All passengers had been double jabbed and tested negative before boarding

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                    On Britannia a few weeks ago they were asking in the MDR "Happy to share?" as in the past. Every time we said "No, a table for 2 please" and they gave us a table for 2. Others didn't mind and were placed on tables with "strangers". No enforced separation in the theatre either. Most kept a seat space between others but some didn't, notably those arriving very close to curtain up. My wife kept her handbag on the seat next to her and we had no problems.

Difficult to know how far to take this. All passengers had been double jabbed and tested negative before boarding
                    Until the UK positive case numbers come down (today's number is 45,000 v Italy 2700, may I suggest social distancing and mask wearing needs to re-introduced and implemented or use a covid passport app??

I can hear it already, what about large crowds etc etc. Well if the US Open can implement it with less than 48 hours notice, I don't see the issue.

Do we want to control this virus ?

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X