• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking to offer 3 UK cruises on new ship..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
    Price information for these trips, they will be on Viking Venus the brand new ship

This new, seven-night journey explores some of Britain's loveliest places, in a way that only Viking can. From Cornwall's beautiful beaches and countryside, and Dorset's dramatic Jurassic coast, to the natural beauty of the Scilly Isles, this inspiring itinerary is complemented by Viking's shore excursions (one included in every port, plus optional excursions will be available to pre-book) and on-board enrichment programme. It is the most wonderful opportunity to explore with Viking.

Stateroom prices:
    Veranda from £1,490 per person
    Deluxe Veranda from £1,590 per person
    Penthouse Veranda from £2,090 per person
    Penthouse Junior Suite from £2,590 per person
    Explorer Suite from £3,590 per person
    Owners Suite from £5,290 per person

John
    I didn't receive an email from Viking. Perhaps as I don't have any FCC with them - perhaps they are only contacting those customers first.

They did say I would be contacted if there remained capacity.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
      Price information for these trips, they will be on Viking Venus the brand new ship

This new, seven-night journey explores some of Britain's loveliest places, in a way that only Viking can. From Cornwall's beautiful beaches and countryside, and Dorset's dramatic Jurassic coast, to the natural beauty of the Scilly Isles, this inspiring itinerary is complemented by Viking's shore excursions (one included in every port, plus optional excursions will be available to pre-book) and on-board enrichment programme. It is the most wonderful opportunity to explore with Viking.

Stateroom prices:
      Veranda from £1,490 per person
      Deluxe Veranda from £1,590 per person
      Penthouse Veranda from £2,090 per person
      Penthouse Junior Suite from £2,590 per person
      Explorer Suite from £3,590 per person
      Owners Suite from £5,290 per person

John
      My goodness. Those are fantastic prices. Almost worth thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

My goodness. Those are fantastic prices. Almost worth thinking about.
        I agree, we are waiting on the full details to emerge and will then decide, apparently they will sail at 1/2 capacity so 1350 passengers in total on the 3 cruises, I suspect they will go very quickly once released

John

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

I didn't receive an email from Viking. Perhaps as I don't have any FCC with them - perhaps they are only contacting those customers first.

They did say I would be contacted if there remained capacity.

LMM
          We have a couple of trips booked, maybe that’s the difference?

John

Comment

If the crew are only being tested and not vaccinated, then they could be problem if they go ashore, as they normally do to fetch supplies and contact their relatives. Not sure I would be happy about staff not being vaccinated if the cruise lines are expecting customers to have had the vaccination.

Comment

Viking have added more sailings:

Viking expands UK programme and plans Bermuda and Iceland sailings | Travel Weekly

Annie

PS They have now decided all passengers must be vaccinated

Viking adds Bermuda, Iceland and more UK cruises (seatrade-cruise.com)
              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 7th April 2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I was due to set sail on 12 June sailing. Sadly my covid test proved to be inconclusive so had to leave the ship. I am rebooked on to the 26 June now having had a PCR on the 13 June which came back negative. 3 of us were disembarked before she sailed! I have now researched the saliva test in much more detail as these are done daily throughout the cruise. I don’t want to run the risk of another inconclusive test.
                Last edited by Deb S-J, Newbury; 14th June 2021, 10:18 PM. Reason: Oh, and there is no option of a second test to either confirm or deny that you are covid +. So be warned, read and stick diligantly to the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb S-J, Newbury View Post
                  I was due to set sail on 12 June sailing. Sadly my covid test proved to be inconclusive so had to leave the ship. I am rebooked on to the 26 June now having had a PCR on the 13 June which came back negative. 3 of us were disembarked before she sailed! I have now researched the saliva test in much more detail as these are done daily throughout the cruise. I don’t want to run the risk of another inconclusive test.
                  Thanks for this. Really useful post for prospective cruisers for the remainder of '21 and possibly next year too.

Comment

At the time I booked for the 12 June cruise it was being offered at £795 with a 50% single supplement. They are still offering the 11 day Malta round trip cruise starting at £1590. I suspect if Malta was green instead of amber, they would soon sell out. I’m not entirely sure why Malta is still amber, they are ahead of us on vaccines.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb S-J, Newbury View Post
                      At the time I booked for the 12 June cruise it was being offered at £795 with a 50% single supplement. They are still offering the 11 day Malta round trip cruise starting at £1590. I suspect if Malta was green instead of amber, they would soon sell out. I’m not entirely sure why Malta is still amber, they are ahead of us on vaccines.
                      Good luck with your rebooked cruise sailing on 26 June. It must have been really disappointing when you were told to leave the ship on 12 June.

Thank you for posting the useful information regarding the test instructions.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X