• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Cancellation News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity Cancellation News

Morning All

Picked this up from Travel Weekly:

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...laska-sailings

They say some repositioning cruises will be impacted as well. So possibly more cancellations in other regions to follow??

Annie

I wish they would cancel all holidays cruising and flying for the year. At least then people know where they are. It seems strange to me, that some cruise lines have now cancelled until October (at least) others will probably follow suit, and planes are looking to start going again from the middle of the month. .................................................. .....Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
      I wish they would cancel all holidays cruising and flying for the year. At least then people know where they are. It seems strange to me, that some cruise lines have now cancelled until October (at least) others will probably follow suit, and planes are looking to start going again from the middle of the month. .................................................. .....Carol
      Up until recently I was still hopeful that we'd get away later this year, but now I'm feeling much the same as you.

Comment

I have a land based holiday to Italy scheduled for September which I hope goes ahead.

If you are prepared to risk a short flight, it can be depending upon resort/city relatively easy to keep your distance. The only possible issue I have read is that all rail passengers will have their temperatures checked.

Reading the scientific and medical evidence, published in TD's links, we can reduce our chances of a severe outcome if unlucky to catch this virus by taking more personal responsibility for our health.

Travelling has never been 100% risk free.

Annie

Comment

No one should be going anywhere till the travel restrictions are lifted.

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. This advice is being kept under constant review.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Up until recently I was still hopeful that we'd get away later this year, but now I'm feeling much the same as you.
            I've got Florida booked for October, trouble is if I don't pay the balance, it's a big deposit to lose (we were paying for some of the family to go) If we do pay the balance and everything is back open but with strings attached, it is not going to make for a happy stress free holiday. The Disney park tickets are not being sold for the rest of the year, and have got loads of restrictions in place. I just wish they would cancel it once and for all .................................................. ....................Carol

Comment

I'd be more worried about the flight than being in the open at Disney.
              Good luck.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                I'd be more worried about the flight than being in the open at Disney.
                Good luck.

Garf
                This is what I find confusing, how can they think the cruise ships aren't safe so cancel them, but think it's fine to be on a flight for hours on end!! Makes no sense to me ........................................Carol

Comment

This is what I find confusing, how can they think the cruise ships aren't safe so cancel them, but think it's fine to be on a flight for hours on end!! Makes no sense to me ........................................Carol
                  It may well be cruise lines don't want another Diamond Princess on their hands and are exercising extreme caution or countries/ports don't want cruise passengers from all over turning up in blocks of 3, 4, or 5,000 all at once.

Airlines can drop their passengers at an airport and forget all about them for a week or two. Let Spain, Italy or wherever worry about it. Cruise ships are "stuck" with their passengers.

Comment

CDC has imposed a no-sail order on cruise ships.

https://wtop.com/business-finance/20...resume-travel/

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

CDC has imposed a no-sail order on cruise ships.

https://wtop.com/business-finance/20...resume-travel/

Annie
                      Only for the next 7 weeks or so - wonder how it will be viewed when that expires.

There would be more support for Carnival et al from the US government if they paid US taxes.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Being a big fan of Celebrity, I ignored the last great offer of free drinks, gratuities and OBC. Tempting but I’ve resigned myself to the fact I’m not going anywhere this year. Too many variables.

Comment

Just to reiterate and bring to your attention my comment today on an earlier post. In the light of the Canadian government extended ban on large cruise ships sailing into Canadian waters and ports beyond September, I emailed Cunard expecting them to confirm the position - expected cancellation - of our September QM2 cruise New York/Canada/New York. Email response today from Cunard does not directly address my point and makes no comment about that cruise! The email from Cunard simply says, in effect, they’re looking at itineraries across the World. Unless we hear something more frank in the next few days, we will be faced with paying the considerable balance next week for this cruise or not paying it and losing our deposit.

Comment

Hi, does anyone know the current situation with Celebrity Reflections cruise for February 2022. We are a party of 5 adults and 2 children, aged 13 and 14 at the time of sailing. We have read that the USA are looking into demanding that all visitors have a covid 19 vaccination. Although all the adults are double jabbed, I do not want to expose my children to any possible side effects of the vaccine. Plus we cannot even get a vaciine for that age group even if we wanted to in the UK. Also we cannot fly into the USA due to the travel ban. Our balance, a somewhat considerable sum, is due to November and we are extremely worried about what to do. We also note that Mexico is now on the red list and the cases of Covid are rising in Florida. A lot of negatives, and such a shame as we booked this in November 2020 and were so looking forward to it. To make matters worse when we booked you could not buy cruise insurance so a) if we cancel I assume we would lose our deposit b) does the cancel with confidence strategy cover our multi party booking? We are very worried so any help would be so much appreciated.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X