• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O cancel sailing until mid October

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&O cancel sailing until mid October

A friend booked on P&O in October has just told me they've cancelled all sailings until mid Oct. Hope Celebrity do the same.

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
    A friend booked on P&O in October has just told me they've cancelled all sailings until mid Oct. Hope Celebrity do the same.
    Hi Peter.
    I hope they don't,,,,P&O cut off is Oct 15th.......my Celebrity cruise is Oct 22nd.

Thats anothe batch of customers wanting refunds,,,they might get them by Xmas.
    Ive been waiting since March 17th,and not a penny.
    JC
    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 2nd June 2020, 09:53 AM.
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Unfortunately, as the world continues to adapt to this global crisis, we have made the decision, difficult as it is, to extend our pause in operations for all sailings up to and including 15 October 2020. We are so sorry for the disappointment this will cause to so many of you.

Here’s P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow with an update on the extension:

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Morning all
        I rebooked our Iona cruise last week...same itinerary and traded up from a balcony to a conservatory mini suite with an extra £140 OBC at no extra cost.
        They allowed us to use the original deposit.

Jobs a good 'un

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
          Hi Peter.
          I hope they don't,,,,P&O cut off is Oct 15th.......my Celebrity cruise is Oct 22nd.

JC
          Hi JC

You have to visit the refunds thread in the other place.

It has been stated that some have had their refunds paid twice.

One or two useful email addresses were listed.

Good luck

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
            Morning all
            I rebooked our Iona cruise last week...same itinerary and traded up from a balcony to a conservatory mini suite with an extra £140 OBC at no extra cost.

Jobs a good 'un

Garf
            Are you Covid covered with your insurance?

We transferred a few QV cruises from this year, to next and under the terms of our travel insurance, we are Covid covered.

Comment

Morning all

Jobs a good 'un

Garf

Hi Garf

I cancelled and transferred my cruise on the 18/03 and to 2021 using my original deposit, kept our OBC credit of £180 and moved to an aft balcony cabin 2 decks higher at same price.

But still waiting for refund of 3 booked and paid for excursions, although I received confirmation of the cancellations on 19/05.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi Peter.

JC
                I know I'm being selfish and others are still hoping, but I'd just like some clarity especially as I'm being badgered to pay the balance. I don't just want a bit of paper promising a future cruise, and I don't want to have to wait months for a cash refund. The other issue is that whilst my insurers will give me cover, including covid for an identical cruise next year, they won't give ANY cover at all for a different cruise next year. Don't really understand the logic of that, but there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Are you Covid covered with your insurance?

We transferred a few QV cruises from this year, to next and under the terms of our travel insurance, we are Covid covered.
                  Hi Mrs M
                  Madam is with Staysure so as long as the Govt. say it's ok then she will be covered.

I'm currently with Admiral and at the moment not covered but with nearly 12 months until we would travel I'm sure all will be ok.

It's only a 7 night along to Oslo, Hamburg and Amsterdam.

Garf

Comment

Getting the invalid response thingy on my browser but it's still posting...bizarre

Garf

Comment

Hi Mrs M
                      Madam is with Staysure so as long as the Govt. say it's ok then she will be covered.

I'm currently with Admiral and at the moment not covered but with nearly 12 months until we would travel I'm sure all will be ok.

It's only a 7 night along to Oslo, Hamburg and Amsterdam.

Garf
                      We also took the long view and as cabins are getting booked up or are on sale at a higher price to the price we booked at, we'll sit back and wait.

Comment

Getting the invalid response thingy on my browser but it's still posting...bizarre

Garf

I keep getting this message on my iPad using Safari and cannot respond to or post any messages, it was also happening on Safari on my iPhone and recently installed Firefox on my iPad.at tge weekend

iPhone and Firefox now OK but still problems with Safari on my iPad, I can view and type replies but it will not lets me quote, edit, post or add photos.

it all started when I tried to add photos to my post on post “What is within 5 minutes of your home” now every time I click on that page I get taken to a Bulletin page.

This is the error message I get when using Safari on my iPad but not my iPhone, both use latest version of IOS 13 E41281E5-A58C-4B08-977C-1725B7DFB534.png

Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Hi Del

This is the first time I've had a problem like this on my laptop for a while..now getting the annoying "working" banner...when it clearly isn't..

I sometimes get a " you do not have the correct permissions to edit this post" on my posts on quiz night.

I'm sure Amar and the techies will sort it out..won't they?

Garf

Comment

Hi Del

This is the first time I've had a problem like this on my laptop for a while..now getting the annoying "working" banner...when it clearly isn't..

I sometimes get a " you do not have the correct permissions to edit this post" on my posts on quiz night.

I'm sure Amar and the techies will sort it out..won't they?

Garf
                            Eventually...............................So many platforms, so many......

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

If it's of any use to the techies the working banner only appears when logged in and the refresh rate is much faster.

Garf

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X