• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCLH suspends cruises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCLH suspends cruises

NCLH has just announced it’s taken the decision to cancel Oceania, NCL and Regent cruises sailing 13th March to 11th April 2020. This means my Oceania cruise 1st April is cancelled. 😢😢 they are offering 100% refund onto CC or 125% FCC but I don’t know which one to choose. 🤔

Now just waiting to see if Donald Trump will ban us or BA will cancel flights.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...nt-brands.html
    Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 13th March 2020, 11:44 PM.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Wow..up to 90 days for your refund.
    Naughty.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
      Naughty.

Garf
      Yeah still collecting on the interest for another 90 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
        Naughty.

Garf
        Also illegal under the Package Travel Regs 2018 - should be 14 days max.
        If you can read this - thank a teacher
        If you are reading this in English - thank a soldier

Comment

Sorry you’ve lost your cruise x
          Past cruises:
          Carnival Conquest October 2002
          Independence of the Seas October 2012
          Independence of the Seas May 2014
          Explorer of the Seas June 2015
          Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
            NCLH has just announced it’s taken the decision to cancel Oceania, NCL and Regent cruises sailing 13th March to 11th April 2020. This means my Oceania cruise 1st April is cancelled. 😢😢 they are offering 100% refund onto CC or 125% FCC but I don’t know which one to choose. 🤔

Now just waiting to see if Donald Trump will ban us or BA will cancel flights.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...nt-brands.html
            It’s a no brainier, take the money. Better in your pocket than theirs and gives you much greater flexibility for a future cruise with any company, any when.

Comment

If I had my eye on another Oceania cruise then I would take the 125%. The money has already been paid so why not have the extra 25% of another one.

It is a real shame it has been cancelled as I know I count down the weeks till I sail and that was very close..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH2508, London View Post

Also illegal under the Package Travel Regs 2018 - should be 14 days max.
                It could be that the letter about the cancellation is a worldwide one and the regs you refer to do not apply in the US and some other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                  If I had my eye on another Oceania cruise then I would take the 125%. The money has already been paid so why not have the extra 25% of another one.

It is a real shame it has been cancelled as I know I count down the weeks till I sail and that was very close..Carol
                  Our NCL cruise is cancelled too, need to check the smallprint for the latest offer.. when they offered voluntary cancellation with a 100% voucher the smallprint said any price difference for future bookings, the delta would need to be paid so it's still a gamble if future prices go up to recover their 2020 loses, that delta could be greater than 25 %

Comment

Originally posted by ogaryo, Bletchley View Post

Our NCL cruise is cancelled too, need to check the smallprint for the latest offer.. when they offered voluntary cancellation with a 100% voucher the smallprint said any price difference for future bookings, the delta would need to be paid so it's still a gamble if future prices go up to recover their 2020 loses, that delta could be greater than 25 %
                    Delta? Never seen the word used in this context before. You learn something new every day.!

Comment

Any offer of an alternative under the regulations should be at no extra cost, they will wiggling out by not offering alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike48, Southampton View Post

It could be that the letter about the cancellation is a worldwide one and the regs you refer to do not apply in the US and some other countries.
                        Well aware of that - hopefully NCL UK also know the Regs (they do have a page about them in their cruise docs after all). I shall wait over the weekend to see if the UK office says anything. My email pointing this issue out (with refund figures and links to the legislation) is drafted and waiting to go.
                        If you can read this - thank a teacher
                        If you are reading this in English - thank a soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post

I’m like you and everyone else I could down the weeks till my cruise/holiday even if it a night away! I have a wee wish you were here board that one of my student nurses I was mentoring gave me and I change it weekly. 🙈😂😂

I’m looking at Oceania’s site, there are a couple I fancy so might take the 125% FCC but that would be only if BA refunds my flight money. I wouldn’t make 25% interest if I took the money and banked it.

Decisions decisions. 🤔🙈
                          Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 17th March 2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X