• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Chance It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would You Chance It

P&O Cruises’ Launch ‘Walk the Wire’ – The World's First Tightrope Experience Between Two Cruise Ships at Sea
    P&O Cruises is giving Australians the opportunity to experience a thrill-seeking activity of a lifetime with the launch of ‘Walk the Wire’ - the world’s first tightrope walk between two cruise ships as they glide side-by-side on the Pacific Ocean.The safety harness equipped activity involves a 30-metre walk from the top deck of Pacific Aria to sister ship Pacific Eden on a cable stretched 40-metres high above the sea.
    Adrenalin-loving guests can take part in the ultimate balancing act during select cruises in 2019 when the two ships are sailing alongside each other off the coast of New South Wales.
    P&O Cruises President Sture Myrmell said the launch of ‘Walk the Wire’ was aimed at Cruiselings with a sense of adventure and fun, particularly those who had conquered all of the activities at P&O’s signature adventure park at sea, The Edge, which includes walk the plank, a flying fox and funnel climb.
    “Our many loyal guests have told us they’re looking for unique, high-energy experiences to make their cruise memorable and to capture that perfect holiday photo moment. So, we decided to give our fun-loving guests the ultimate onboard activity across two P&O ships,” said Mr. Myrmell.
    “Walk the Wire is a result of many months of research and development where it was stress-tested by some of the best tight-rope walkers and aerial artists in the business and could be likened to Philippe Petit’s incredible wire walks in New York, Paris and Sydney. We’re expecting unrivalled demand for the experience and are encouraging guests to register their interest early.”
    The new experience will be available for a select number of guests who pass preliminary tests. Interested participants can visit P&O Cruises’ Australia’s Facebook page and sign up to the Walk the Wire event to receive more information, including how to book.

Should be a laugh. The problem is you would have to do it again to get back to your ship.

Would you try it.......I think not.
    Last edited by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster; 12th April 2018, 12:41 PM.

It's a fun idea, but there's no way in hell I could do it!
    Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

No and neither would PandO
      Look at the date of the article..

Regards
      Garfield

Comment

You can't sail two cruise ships that close together safely!
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
          No and neither would PandO
          Look at the date of the article..

Regards
          Garfield
          I posted it for a laugh Garfield thats all.It is an April fool prank. Just wondering how long it would take people to catch on.

Cruise Lines Get In On April Fool’s Day Fun

A number of cruise lines embraced April 1, a day that calls for good-faith practical jokes and fake announcements.
          Last edited by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster; 12th April 2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I believe you...

Regards
            Garfield

Comment

We used to see oil tanker "ship-to-ship" or STS transfers off Muscat in the early 1980's.

Either the ships can be stand still or the STS operation can also be performed while ships are underway. See https://www.marineinsight.com/mariti...-out-the-same/ for more info

There are clear legitimate reasons for the procedure but it was said the technique could also be used to obscure the origins or destination of a cargo on the paperwork in country boycott situation.

The Royal Navy and other navies of the world also perform refuelling procedures at sea in very close proximity so perhaps the joke is not so far fetched.
              Last edited by JohnR, Chippenham; 12th April 2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

And the Navy still transfers personnel by this method using a bosuns chair.

Regards
                Garfield

Comment

In the "Horizon" paper on April 1st, on Oceana, there was a small report about the recent refit enabling a small submarine to port on deck 1. Sailings could be arranged for a price- I think it was £99.
                  Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X