• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth a Mention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth a Mention

Hi, Picked this up off Facebook worth a mention:-

WARNING.....WARNING.....WARNING......
    There is someone calling people from past cruises on ventura and other ships offering a refund for your cruise....
    They ask for your booking ref number from your last cruise then ask you to verify which bank account card you used...No doubt they are scammer's who have hacked into the P&O database
    I had this phone call half hour ago so BEWARE...Give no details at all.....

Thanks. Well worth mentioning. These scumbags are up to all sorts, fake computer problems, tax issues etc. As you say, give them nothing. Just hang up.
    Logic will get you from A to B.
    Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

Oh my goodness, I hope P&O are on it, no doubt some will get caught out.

Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

NEVER, EVER give any financial information by telephone. Even if you believe what the caller is saying, ask for the request in writing. If P&O intended to refund your cruise they would already have your details.

Comment

Wow, whatever will they think of next. I am completely paranoid about any requests these days as the scammers keep coming up with new ideas.

I would never ever give anyone my bank details on the promise of a refund..Carol

Comment

I have received an e m ail this morning from hmrc telling me that I am due a tax rebate of £198 54 , all I have to do is open a gateway account and the money will be transferred to my card . seeing that I retired from work 20 years ago methinks it has taken them a long time to refund me , you just have to be aware all the time these days .

Comment

Wow they are getting more crafty by the day. Thanks for sharing x
              Past cruises:
              Carnival Conquest October 2002
              Independence of the Seas October 2012
              Independence of the Seas May 2014
              Explorer of the Seas June 2015
              Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

Not just P.O. husband just had an email asking him to open a link to see if he has won a cruise on QM2, I dont think he has entered a competition in his life, this was deleted immediately. I wont be entering competitions any time soon as I occasionally do. We have different email addresses so this email he received wont be linked to any competition I have entered in the past.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X