• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacardi Cruise Competition leads to stunning new cocktails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacardi Cruise Competition leads to stunning new cocktails

The latest BacardiCruise Competition has seen high numbers of cruise staff pit their wits againsteach other to create exceptional cocktails for travellers.

Travel Weekly reports that the winner of the event was LiisiKutt from the Tallink Silja Line in Estonia. The entry was made up of prosecco,fruit, geranium flowers and fruit-flavoured liqueurs.

Judges praised Ms Kutt’s drink for its combination of flavoursand for capturing the feel of the Baltic summer.

Speaking to the news provider, judge Julio Cabrera, who wonBarcadi USA’s Most Inspired Bartender 2013 award, suggested that simplicity issomething he always considers when judging submissions.

“On cruise lines, they don’t have the range of ingredients wecan find on land,” Mr Cabrera explained. He also cited balance andcreativity as two of the main criteria that judges look for.

The Bacardi contest has proven highly popular with cruisers, asit offers a $5,000 (£3,080) cash prize and the winner is moved forward into theBombay Sapphire Most Imaginative Bartender contest in Las Vegas.

Cocktails are synonymous with cruise experiences and manyholidaymakers look forward to settling down on a ship and relaxing with atasty, cold beverage.

To ensure travellers are as satisfied as possible, many linesare teaming up with cocktail makers to provide delightful drinks.

Norwegian Cruise Line is one company that has recognised theneed for tasty cocktails, teaming up with Gabriel Orta from Bar Lab Cocktailsto offer a variety of beverages.

Bar Lab has come up with five specialty summer cocktail menus,including specialty cocktails inspired by travel routes in Norway.

Orta and his colleagues will work with ship bartenders to trainthem in the art of cocktail making and collaborate with brand partners such asBacardi, Patron, Diageo and others.

Is the quality of cocktails a key consideration for your cruiseholidays? Let us know below!
    CaptainJames
    Forum Administrator (Product Team)

I used to be a bit cautious concerning cocktails, but Johnny, bartender in the Club, on Seabourn Pride, persuaded me to broaden my horizons. He mixed the cocktails and I guessed what was in them. I was right once! I've discovered that there is not much I don't like. I've just bought golden vodka on Brittany Ferries, wish me luck! Judith

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X