• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Booking a cruise"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Booking a cruise"

Any fellow cruisers booked a cruise for the following year whilst they have been away on a cruise?
    Having travelled with P&O twice before and are with them again this June there are cruises for 2015 we quite fancy, as we have travelled with them before we are entitled to a 5% discount on current prices, however, we have noticed that during a cruise there is normally a desk open onboard ship that allows you to book a cruise for the following year, i was wondering if the discounts are greater booking this way.
    Last edited by teeceew, Southampton; 27th April 2014, 06:20 PM.

Hi, We haven't booked a cruise whilst on board, but did pay £50.00 each towards the deposit of a future cruise which we booked when we got home, with the travel agents of our choice. It gave us extra OBC. On top of any offers that the travel agent is doing eg free parking. Well worth doing if you know your going to book with them again. Not sure if you get any thing extra for booking the whole cruise on board though............................................ .................................................. .Carol

Comment

5%..........Is someone having a laugh. I always look for a nought on the end of that figure before I get excited about a future cruise......Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

I more or less knew that I wanted to book another Celebrity cruise for this May when we boarded last May, but couldn't confirm dog sitting by the time we boarded so couldn't book on board.

What I'd do is find out the prices and incentives available the day before you board (give one of the team at CruiseDot a call) and compare this with what's offered while sailing. Of course this can't account for price drops later on which always seem to be huge on P&O, but if you want your pick of cabins and/or can't/won't book last-minute for whatever reason then booking early on board may offer the best deal!

Normally the booking will be allocated to whichever agent you booked this cruise with, so they can still get credit and help you with the booking in the future. Certainly that's what Celebrity to, but I don't know about P&O.
        Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

I can confirm that there are indeed extra benefits to be gained from booking a cruise whilst on board, because we have just done so. Often as not, we will take our chances on a late deal but if it's a special occasion and/or we want a particular cabin then we will book early.

There was a particular cruise which we've had our eyes on before going away and we booked it last week whilst in the middle of the Atlantic. We were given extra OBC in addition to the other offers (currently M&S vouchers & OBC). We've chosen our cabin & dining options and are now counting down the days...

Comment

Last year I went to the Baltic with Cruise and Maritime, having booked on board the previous year. I got a BOGOF plus free upgrade at time of booking and at no time did the advertised price for the cruise get lower than what I paid. Whilst on that cruise I booked to go to Iceland in August with a similar deal and, again, the prices have not yet dropped below what I paid.

Comment

The future cruise deposit is a no brainer if you plan to cruise again.....as you get a chunk of OBC for doing so...can't recall what it is but think £100 springs to mind....plus you have your deposit paid for your next cruise....it's forwarded to the agent you booked with now so we get we welcome home and thank you from our agent for doing so....Bolsover ...!

Comment

I bought a future cruise credit on Adventure of the Seas. It was my third cruise with RCI, so I figured I probably would cruise with the company again. The amount of OBC depended on the length of cruise booked with the credit.
                2018-
                Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We always book our next Atlantic crossing while on board. I don't think it saves a lot of money, but it means I get the suite I want.

Comment

We booked another Celebrity cruise on board last year, and we sail in May. We got the cabin we wanted, a decent obc, the drinks package of course and dinner in a speciality restaurant of our choice on the ship we were already on. We booked Murano and had an excellent dinner which saved us the $30 (or whatever it is) each so we felt it was an acceptable deal. The price has definitely gone up since we booked so pretty happy really...Carol

Comment

We paid a future deposit on Indy two years ago for a bit of obc. We go on Indy again in May ( paid balance today). We know what cruise we want for next year on vision and are going to book on board,doing what previously suggested of checking prices and taking print off with us from the day before.
                      I think we are going to be brave and follow in wolfys footsteps with a no fly Barcelona. Unless there is a fab price/ itinerary on adventure if they ever release her on sale!

Comment

Depends on the time of the year, i.e. peak or off-peak season. Prices could drop considerably last minute when it's off-peak when they want to fill the cabins. If you're particular about the choice of cabins and have extra $$$$, any time is the right time.

Comment

We have booked a cruise while on a cruise! We were on a Christmas Markets cruise last year. Before going to dinner on the last night we decided to make enquiries about a 69 day cruise that had been on our wish list for a few weeks. Just popped our heads round the door of the future cruise office! We were given a quote with all the discounts added etc etc! Lovely dinner our favourite wine flowed high spirits Haha! Yes, we went back and booked it over a year in advance! Fantastic value outside cabin very nice! The only thing is last year we booked a cruise to the Carribean and back 32 days in November 2014 fantastic value £500 on board spend! But the only thing being we are only home for 4 weeks over Christmas and yes, we are then off again for 69 nights! If we hadn't had such a wonderful evening with lovely wine I do not think we would have booked a cruise all the way round South America a "Grand Voyage" they say! Haven't dared tell the family yet I am a coward! Feel very excited but extremely guilty!

Comment

You don't have to book a specific cruise. We booked a future cruise aboard a Celebrity ship to get the extra OBC. We booked the actual cruise with an agent at a later date so got their promotions too.

Comment

Haven't told the family yet - your brave, im sure they will understand !!!!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X