• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Classical X-factor' competition held on cruise ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Classical X-factor' competition held on cruise ship

The winners have been announced of a talent contest featuring some of the world's best opera singers which was recently held aboard Hapag-Lloyd Cruises vessel MS Europa.

Jong Ming Park, a 22 year-old Korean bass singer won the top prize at the competition. As well as picking up a cool €15,000 (£13,461), he has also won a guest spot with the prestigious Vienna State Opera.

He was chosen as the winner by a discerning audience of classical music enthusiasts at the Stella Maris Classical Star competition.

An expert jury awarded a number of other prizes at the vocal contest to performers including Ji-Min Park of London's Royal Opera House.

Bookings are already being taken for next year's event which takes place on a 20-day sailing from Istanbul to Dubai in November 2010.

The MS Europa is the flagship of Hapag-Lloyd's fleet and was awarded the top ranking of five stars plus by Berlitz Cruise Guide 2010.

Do you like the idea of classical music entertainment on-board a cruise?

classical music

i expect that there are many people that would love it,i'm not a great fan of classical music but i LOVE Glenn Miller and the Big Band sound. i reckon i was born too late as i could listen to him all evening. how about a Big Band cruise and we could get dance lessons of that era too. wartime stuff and all that-heaven !! i'd go on that.:p anyone else up for it ?
    I'd rather be in my cosy bed !!!!!!!!:p

Comment

Big Band

Yes, you could count me in on that. I love everything to do with Big Band, 1940's Dress. Great!

Comment

Comment

Dear Down, Kent. What an informative and interesting review, Thank You. I nearly didn't find it, as I not interested in the X factor competition here, let alone at sea. I missed the classical bit.!
          I am sure there would be many people on this forum who would enjoy your review, but may never come across it.
          Could you start your own thread instead?? It does warrant a wider readership, but in the absence of somewhere to post it on 'cruise reviews' a separate thread may be your best option? Regards, Lizzie.
          Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suzyq, west scotland View Post
            i expect that there are many people that would love it,i'm not a great fan of classical music but i LOVE Glenn Miller and the Big Band sound. i reckon i was born too late as i could listen to him all evening. how about a Big Band cruise and we could get dance lessons of that era too. wartime stuff and all that-heaven !! i'd go on that.:p anyone else up for it ?
            count me in too. I was also born to late. Glen Miller's music is brilliant.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
              Dear Down, Kent. What an informative and interesting review, Thank You. I nearly didn't find it, as I not interested in the X factor competition here, let alone at sea. I missed the classical bit.!
              I am sure there would be many people on this forum who would enjoy your review, but may never come across it.
              Could you start your own thread instead?? It does warrant a wider readership, but in the absence of somewhere to post it on 'cruise reviews' a separate thread may be your best option? Regards, Lizzie.
              Thank you - but I don't think I know how to do that! I'll have a stumble around the system and see if I can work it out...

Comment

I like the 60s music, and I like the classical music and I enjoy a glass of wine when listening to the music.

John
                john

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X