• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Soap star cruise' unveiled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Soap star cruise' unveiled

Celebrity Cruises has announced a unique opportunity for US television fans to spend time with their idols at sea on its 2010 Soap Cruise.

Stars of popular American TV hits will mingle with guests aboard the Celebrity Century, and the four-day star-studded voyage will set sail from Miami next January, with scheduled stops at Key West in Florida and Cozumel in Mexico.

The company said it has already signed up more than twenty of the "hottest actors from daytime TV's most popular shows", including Dancing with the Stars, General Hospital and All My Children.

Passengers will be able to join the celebrities for exclusive autograph and photo sessions, soap opera quizzes and an elite beach party along with other special events.

Do you think the Soap Cruise will mean the company cleans up at cruise award events next year or is just a dirty fling with celebrity culture?

Would you want to share a boat with the likes of Barbara Windsor, Mike Reid and William Roache if the idea caught on in the UK?

I seem to remember many years back probably in the 70's or 80's being on a P&O Cruise with a few of the Coronation Street stars. Some of the oldies were there: Ena Sharples and Minnie Caldwell.
    I also remember a cruise (again with P&O) which had a load of Cricketers on board - Lords Taveners.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X