• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity 'launch cruise only fare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity 'launch cruise only fare

Had an email advertising it as an option ,instead of always included.Not available online yet.

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
    Had an email advertising it as an option ,instead of always included.Not available online yet.
    Hi Phil

I made a passing reference to it on the Celebrity Drinks Packages thread. I thought these fares are available only by telephone.

Could be attractive for solo passengers as at least the 100% solo penalty will not be applied to Have it all fares.

The last time I booked a cruise only fare, I bought the DP on board with a 50% discount.

Of course the risk to Celebrity is that Elite passengers will book cruise only and just use the Captain's Social hours for alcoholic beverages.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi Phil

I made a passing reference to it on the Celebrity Drinks Packages thread. I thought these fares are available only by telephone.

Could be attractive for solo passengers as at least the 100% solo penalty will not be applied to Have it all fares.

The last time I booked a cruise only fare, I bought the DP on board with a 50% discount.

Of course the risk to Celebrity is that Elite passengers will book cruise only and just use the Captain's Social hours for alcoholic beverages.

Annie
      We are considering this for our next cruise, but wavering because we are thinking of the Silhouette TA and with so many sea days the drink package might get better use than on a port intensive cruise. We are Elite+, so get a decent amount of internet, happy hour and free cappuccinos and lattes. The cost of gratuities is well below the additional cost of Always included. Then we think of how long it is since we cruised .......
      Sheila

Comment

There’s a lot to be said for the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle. The smoke and mirrors of including varying “packages” at varying times and varying prices are designed to make it appear you are getting a good deal but the cruise company always gets the better deal. It wouldn’t do it otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
          There’s a lot to be said for the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle. The smoke and mirrors of including varying “packages” at varying times and varying prices are designed to make it appear you are getting a good deal but the cruise company always gets the better deal. It wouldn’t do it otherwise.
          Hi John
          But it works for some.
          JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi Phil

Annie
            That's what I do on Royal Caribbean. It's even better now that I can spread my five drinks across the day.
            2018-
            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
              Not to offer a 'bare bones' fare is commercially inept?? There will always be cruisers who for medical reasons, a DP makes no sense. To exclude them from your potential passenger cohort doesn't make sense to me - JMO.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi John
                But it works for some.
                JC
                I accept that JC but they only want it to work for some, not all.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post

That's what I do on Royal Caribbean. It's even better now that I can spread my five drinks across the day.
                  We’re on Vision later in the year and still contemplating whether to buy a drinks package. The 5 drinks option may just sway us. Still to decide the best course of action. It’s been a long time since we’ve cruised on Royal as we’ve stuck mainly to Celebrity over the past 4 years. Anyone got any experiences to share regarding the 5 drinks allocated via the diamond club ?

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

We’re on Vision later in the year and still contemplating whether to buy a drinks package. The 5 drinks option may just sway us. Still to decide the best course of action. It’s been a long time since we’ve cruised on Royal as we’ve stuck mainly to Celebrity over the past 4 years. Anyone got any experiences to share regarding the 5 drinks allocated via the diamond club ?
                    Drinks in the Diamond lounge are no longer unlimited, you have to use your 5 a day. It seemed that most people on Anthem last year used the bars rather than the lounge. The 5 drinks includes speciality coffee. I just went to the lounge to get a cappuccino there.
                    2018-
                    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you