• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sounds Good to Me 😎 πŸ₯ƒ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marella had a ship turned away from Corsica yesterday they went to villafranche.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi all
      On Ventura at the moment,,agree with Issy mask wearing protocols pretty much adhered to,,to be honest I don’t know why they are in place.
      The Tamarind Lounge and Havana Lounge are full every nigh with no one wearing masks.
      The ballroom dancers in the Atrium are mask free as they are in the Pub.
      Everyone seems to be getting on with life and enjoying cruising again.

The only Port restrictions on this cruise is Gibraltar who require a Negative LFT provided by P+O at Β£18 each.

There are a few small noticeable things like to evening turndown but that’s no a problem.

One thing is noticeable is the price of drinks,,,A can of Guinness=Β£4.70, A cheap Canti Prosecco Β£7.50 in Asda,,on here it’s Β£6 for a weeny 125ml glass.
      Agree with Issy MDR food is not up to scratch,,very poor choices and all bland.

Enjoying resident band Pulse,but not as good as the originals.
      The acoustic guitar man called β€˜Busker Matt’ really is a busker.,,,but he gets better as the night goes on.

But again….it’s great to be on a ship again,,,nothing can spoil it.

Even JC at the pool bar in a hot Cadiz drinking a pint of John Smiths at Β£5.17 due to Spanish IVA tax.

A7DE8E88-0A8C-4013-A7D8-BCDCDBD9D953.jpeg
      JC
      So glad that your having a great time JC.

If you think the Prosecco serving is wee you need to see The martini cocktails as they are even more teeny weeny at over Β£6 a pop! I’d have needed to win the pools just to get tipsy.

JC If Boom is on in the theatre you need to go and see them. They are a three piece rock type band and are so very talented.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Hi Del
        It was probably due to the wind it was blowing a gale in Cadiz this morning,,,,I should imagine a ship the size of Iona would have really struggled to dock safely.
        The Horizon news today said we where due to dock with Iona and there may be queues in the Terminal building

Edit….We are leaving Cadiz now,the Bridge has reported we will need x2 large tugs to pull us off the quay,,,,and reported winds of around 50 knots on the way to Gibraltar,,,dying down as we round Gib heading to Malaga.
        Could be an interesting night,,,,,yay!!!
        JC
        Last edited by jc, liverpool; 19th October 2021, 04:09 PM.
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

Good screenshot Delboy, can I ask where it was sourced? I used to have a link to a website that showed cruise ship locations, but it disappeared (without trace) some time back!
          Not sure as I copied photo from Facebook, but think it could be this one

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9826548

Since found out it’s from an app called Marine Tracker.
          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 19th October 2021, 03:42 PM.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Hi all
            On Ventura at the moment,,agree with Issy mask wearing protocols pretty much adhered to,,to be honest I don’t know why they are in place.
            The Tamarind Lounge and Havana Lounge are full every nigh with no one wearing masks.
            The ballroom dancers in the Atrium are mask free as they are in the Pub.
            Everyone seems to be getting on with life and enjoying cruising again.

The only Port restrictions on this cruise is Gibraltar who require a Negative LFT provided by P+O at Β£18 each.

There are a few small noticeable things like to evening turndown but that’s no a problem.

One thing is noticeable is the price of drinks,,,A can of Guinness=Β£4.70, A cheap Canti Prosecco Β£7.50 in Asda,,on here it’s Β£6 for a weeny 125ml glass.
            Agree with Issy MDR food is not up to scratch,,very poor choices and all bland.

Enjoying resident band Pulse,but not as good as the originals.
            The acoustic guitar man called β€˜Busker Matt’ really is a busker.,,,but he gets better as the night goes on.

But again….it’s great to be on a ship again,,,nothing can spoil it.

Even JC at the pool bar in a hot Cadiz drinking a pint of John Smiths at Β£5.17 due to Spanish IVA tax.

A7DE8E88-0A8C-4013-A7D8-BCDCDBD9D953.jpeg
            JC
            Good to see you enjoying the hospitality jc and having a decent cruise.

Garf

Comment

I tend to use
              marine traffic
              My ship tracking

Comment

Hi Del
                It was probably due to the wind it was blowing a gale in Cadiz this morning,,,,I should imagine a ship the size of Iona would have really struggled to dock safely.
                The Horizon news today said we where due to dock with Iona and there may be queues in the Terminal building

Edit….We are leaving Cadiz now,the Bridge has reported we will need x2 large tugs to pull us off the quay,,,,and reported winds of around 50 knots on the way to Gibraltar,,,dying down as we round Gib heading to Malaga.
                Could be an interesting night,,,,,yay!!!
                JC
                Hi all
                It took this big boy to push us off the quay in Cadiz yesterday,,,,,plus x2 small tugs fore and aft….very very windy..

F8AC1B29-3A51-4C16-A795-6DD709130F34.jpeg
                JC

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Nope but aft cabins on deck 9,10,11,12 &14 were closed off as quarantine cabins on Ventura.
                  Hi Issy
                  I have a cabin near the aft lifts,,,good access to the aft lift and Terrace Pool,,,,,now we have a 100m walk to the midship lifts.

What mystery lurks behind these doors…….

D0D8D6DF-D7EF-45FA-9383-B8C13E3F9DEA.jpeg
                  0AC4AFC6-D110-4B8B-8A75-85728ABF88D2.jpeg
                  JC

Comment

Hi Issy
                    I have a cabin near the aft lifts,,,good access to the aft lift and Terrace Pool,,,,,now we have a 100m walk to the midship lifts.

What mystery lurks behind these doors…….

D0D8D6DF-D7EF-45FA-9383-B8C13E3F9DEA.jpeg
                    0AC4AFC6-D110-4B8B-8A75-85728ABF88D2.jpeg
                    JC
                    Our cabin was mid aft, D606 so we were near the mystery doors. 😷😬 The aft lifts would have been fab for us to use.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Might be new crew having to isolate, we had some on Explorer 2.

Glad you're enjoying your cruise and some sunshine. As you say it's great to be cruising again. Enjoy!!!!
                      ;

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X