• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sounds Good to Me 😎 πŸ₯ƒ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds Good to Me 😎 πŸ₯ƒ

A good report on cruising for a change from Facebook currently onboard Ventura.:-

We are currently on the Ventura, we did the drive by lateral flow at the port, very well organised so smoothly done. We didnt have to queue at the port because my husband was 3 weeks post op but we have another 18 in our party that didnt wait too long anyway. Ok we did have a hic up at the port and were delayed leaving but it made no odds to us. The covid rules were followed.
    Once on board ship it is really relaxing the staff cant do enough for you. You can walk around the decks with no masks only need them whilst inside corridors. You dont wear masks by the pools or sitting in the bars. You dont wear them if you are exercising or dancing, yes you can dance on the dance floors. There are formal nights, for you ladies that dont wear ball gowns a normal dress is fine, there are no photographers on board at the moment.

Good to hear some positive news. Time for me to think about booking for 2022.

Comment

I am gradually resuming my faith in cruising, but still cant get my head around multiple destinations and following the rules for 3 or 4 countries

Comment

We were on Ventura 3rd Oct for 11 nights and didn’t feel unsafe at any point. If anyone forgot to wear their mask or wasn’t wearing it properly a senior member of staff or security would let them know.

All our ports, Vigo, Canary islands, Lisbon and Madeira, only asked for passengers to be fully vaccinated. We didn’t need to take ships tours to get off the ship which was great.

There were downsides, eg the water in our cabin running brown until we turned on all the taps on for ages to run clear, balcony and balcony furniture needing to be pressure washed and the MRD food repetitive and not a great choice but none of this stopped us from enjoying our first cruise in over two years.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
          We were on Ventura 3rd Oct for 11 nights and didn’t feel unsafe at any point. If anyone forgot to wear their mask or wasn’t wearing it properly a senior member of staff or security would let them know.

All our ports, Vigo, Canary islands, Lisbon and Madeira, only asked for passengers to be fully vaccinated. We didn’t need to take ships tours to get off the ship which was great.

There were downsides, eg the water in our cabin running brown until we turned on all the taps on for ages to run clear, balcony and balcony furniture needing to be pressure washed and the MRD food repetitive and not a great choice but none of this stopped us from enjoying our first cruise in over two years.
          That’s good to know. One of my main concerns is having to take a ships tour just to get off the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

That’s good to know. One of my main concerns is having to take a ships tour just to get off the ship.
            We had pre booked tours in Madeira and Lisbon but cancelled the Madeira one when onboard and was charged Β£11 for the privilege. We then cancelled Lisbon as they’d changed their entry requirements while we were onboard but we weren’t charged for that cancellation. πŸ€” work that one out.

Comment

I don't want to open another thread but for those of you on Fb, have you heard anything about the quarantine cabins currently in use on Iona??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

it s the port that determines protocols and of course they are fluid.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  I don't want to open another thread but for those of you on Fb, have you heard anything about the quarantine cabins currently in use on Iona??

Annie
                  Nope but aft cabins on deck 9,10,11,12 &14 were closed off as quarantine cabins on Ventura.

Comment

Hi all
                    On Ventura at the moment,,agree with Issy mask wearing protocols pretty much adhered to,,to be honest I don’t know why they are in place.
                    The Tamarind Lounge and Havana Lounge are full every nigh with no one wearing masks.
                    The ballroom dancers in the Atrium are mask free as they are in the Pub.
                    Everyone seems to be getting on with life and enjoying cruising again.

The only Port restrictions on this cruise is Gibraltar who require a Negative LFT provided by P+O at Β£18 each.

There are a few small noticeable things like to evening turndown but that’s no a problem.

One thing is noticeable is the price of drinks,,,A can of Guinness=Β£4.70, A cheap Canti Prosecco Β£7.50 in Asda,,on here it’s Β£6 for a weeny 125ml glass.
                    Agree with Issy MDR food is not up to scratch,,very poor choices and all bland.

Enjoying resident band Pulse,but not as good as the originals.
                    The acoustic guitar man called β€˜Busker Matt’ really is a busker.,,,but he gets better as the night goes on.

But again….it’s great to be on a ship again,,,nothing can spoil it.

Even JC at the pool bar in a hot Cadiz drinking a pint of John Smiths at Β£5.17 due to Spanish IVA tax.

A7DE8E88-0A8C-4013-A7D8-BCDCDBD9D953.jpeg
                    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi all
                      On Ventura at the moment,,agree with Issy mask wearing protocols pretty much adhered to,,to be honest I don’t know why they are in place.
                      The Tamarind Lounge and Havana Lounge are full every nigh with no one wearing masks.

The only Port restrictions on this cruise is Gibraltar who require a Negative LFT provided by P+O at Β£18 each.

There are a few small noticeable things like to evening turndown but that’s no a problem.

One thing is noticeable is the price of drinks,,,A can of Guinness=Β£4.70, A cheap Canti Prosecco Β£7.50 in Asda,,on here it’s Β£6 for a weeny 125ml glass.

The acoustic guitar man called β€˜Busker Matt’ really is a busker.,,,but he gets better as the night goes on.

Even JC at the pool bar in a hot Cadiz drinking a pint of John Smiths at Β£5.17 due to Spanish IVA tax.

JC
                      Hi JC

Interesting that Ventura docked at Cadiz but Iona did not,
                      it turned away.

8EEFF3ED-434E-4617-BAEB-BEEB90F57D63.jpeg
                      Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 19th October 2021, 01:44 PM.
                      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Ii really depends where you go and is fluid as ships can get turned away or changed to ship only at short notice.
                        under constant review by each port for each ship.

Currently in the Med
                        Spain, Portugal, France(some), Greece have been OK,

Italy avoid still not open enough

Morocco has been taken of Marella canaries itinerary thye start soon.
                        Caribbean seems fluid ships start heading their soon expecting more changes

Biggest complaints I read are about form filling and not really understanding the test requirements.
                        variable where you may get asked for the various forms best to do them all anyway.

Reports of chaos at Palma and Malaga airports to come home from the Marella trips

Still a minority testing positive and having issues once on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Hi JC

it turned away.

I read that too Delboy. Why did the Iona change course? 2 theories - take your pick

1. High Winds

2. Covid case currently occupying a quarantine cabin on Iona??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Hi JC

it turned away.

Good screenshot Delboy, can I ask where it was sourced? I used to have a link to a website that showed cruise ship locations, but it disappeared (without trace) some time back!

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                              Hi all

JC
                              Hi JC,
                              Do you need a negative LFT just to go to the duty free at Gib terminal?

Bland food - a lot of mass catering is tending to bland these days as the Salt Police stalk the kitchens.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X