• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marella to expand fleet with Voyager.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Marella to expand fleet with Voyager.

    Covid saw Marella downsize its fleet early to 4 ships losing Celebration and Dream.

    they are now going to inherit another ex celebrity century class via TUI cruise Mein Schiff fleet naming it Voyager

    This was hinted at back in April but now announcement has been made.

    The are also restoring the delayed plans to enter the US market with Discovery.


    pick a report

    https://www.google.com/search?q=marella+new+ships



    #2
    Interesting news, thanks for posting Topdeck

    Comment


      #3
      Ex Celebrity Mercury, sister to Century and Galaxy.

      Marella now have the full set of identical triplets...........Wilba
      Wilba

      Comment


        #4
        It would be wonderful if they sailed from the Tyne again, but I don't see that happening.

        If I failed the pre-boarding lateral flow test I could just walk home, too.

        Comment


          #5
          There is a lot of support for UK cruises, but will it be sustained.

          ​​​​​​I think many pax will revert to international one that choice is back.
          I would be happy with Marella doing ex uk, prefer more southern ports will consider travel.

          Liverpool keep failing to make any progress to being a serious embarkation port for the UK, there is scope for others to capture their complacency.

          Comment


            #6
            Im not sure you could accuse Liverpool of being complacent when at less than a few weeks' notice they set up testing and check in facilities for Disney and MSC for ships much bigger than they are used to.
            The new terminal that is now on hold involved spending public money.In the face of the cruise industry shutdown and then only gradual recovery they made the decision to postpone the building and await recovery.They need to remain agile and not delay too long,but I really don't see what other choice they had.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Wilba View Post
              Ex Celebrity Mercury, sister to Century and Galaxy.

              Marella now have the full set of identical triplets...........Wilba
              Mercury was one of our favourite ships. We sailed on her last voyage nd it was sad to see the workers on board measuring and planning changes that would be made as she crossed the Atlantic to become Mein Schiff.

              BTW the triplets are similar (fraternal), not identical. Century is somewhat smaller than the other two.

              Sheila

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

                Mercury was one of our favourite ships. We sailed on her last voyage nd it was sad to see the workers on board measuring and planning changes that would be made as she crossed the Atlantic to become Mein Schiff.

                BTW the triplets are similar (fraternal), not identical. Century is somewhat smaller than the other two.

                Sheila
                Learn something new every day.

                Century is 12 metres shorter in length and around 5000 gross tonnage lighter according to Wiki.............Wilba
                Wilba

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                  It would be wonderful if they sailed from the Tyne again, but I don't see that happening.

                  If I failed the pre-boarding lateral flow test I could just walk home, too.
                  Yes it was really good not having to traipse to other ports!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    There is a lot of support for UK cruises, but will it be sustained.

                    ​​​​​​I think many pax will revert to international one that choice is back.
                    I would be happy with Marella doing ex uk, prefer more southern ports will consider travel.

                    Liverpool keep failing to make any progress to being a serious embarkation port for the UK, there is scope for others to capture their complacency.
                    I'd certainly use Newcastle again to do a UK cruise and I'm sure lots of other Northerners & Scots would too. I'd never travel all the way to Southampton to do a fjords cruise which Marella used to do from Newcastle and I'm not that keen to fly yet.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It does not do its 'Maiden' until June 2023 after a dry dock refurb...........Wilba
                      Wilba

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Wilba View Post

                        Learn something new every day.

                        Century is 12 metres shorter in length and around 5000 gross tonnage lighter according to Wiki.............Wilba
                        Yes I was confused as we did a Marella cruise in Nov 2019 I thought it was Explorer 2 (Century) but we were on Explorer 1.(Galaxy) The layout was good in the sense at the back of the buffett there was an enclosed area for additional dining which was lovely bright and airy - it was obvious that at one point it would have housed an extra swimming pool. On the Explorer 2 its a smaller area open seating
                        We loved the little cinema on Explorer1 but the Explorer 2 has it has a bar area(former martini bar)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                          Ex Celebrity Mercury, sister to Century and Galaxy.

                          Marella now have the full set of identical triplets...........Wilba
                          I loved this class of ship when they were with Celebrity. Me thinks I will be looking at booking a cruise with Marella.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

                            I'd certainly use Newcastle again to do a UK cruise and I'm sure lots of other Northerners & Scots would too. I'd never travel all the way to Southampton to do a fjords cruise which Marella used to do from Newcastle and I'm not that keen to fly yet.
                            I’d be happy to sail from Newcastle as it’s so much closer to us than Southampton but would like to see them cruising to more areas than Fjords or round British cruises.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

                              Yes I was confused as we did a Marella cruise in Nov 2019 I thought it was Explorer 2 (Century) but we were on Explorer 1.(Galaxy) The layout was good in the sense at the back of the buffett there was an enclosed area for additional dining which was lovely bright and airy - it was obvious that at one point it would have housed an extra swimming pool. On the Explorer 2 its a smaller area open seating
                              We loved the little cinema on Explorer1 but the Explorer 2 has it has a bar area(former martini bar)
                              E1 the covered are was an oasis of calm on our trip we would take our breakfast there we were the only ones,
                              They now have Pizza/pasta one side and a little taps(evening) restaurant the other.

                              Don't think the roof has moved for a while

                              E2 has a couple of dates before Xmas starting at £500 for a week, keeping an eye on those for further discounts.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X