• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream Cruises hit by Covid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Cruises hit by Covid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...moreTopStories

Garf

It seems to be getting worse I know more people with or have had Covid now, even those who have had the jabs, than I did last year.

I can't even see an end to it .................................................. .....Carol

Comment

Once the schools finish it will drop off.

A lot of people are letting their guards down along with asymptomatic testing more are getting identified.

Comment

All the more reason to keep wearing masks in crowded spaces and on public transport. Nonsensical decision. Very noticeable how fewer people this week are wearing masks in shops,
        I give them a wide berth.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Once the schools finish it will drop off.

A lot of people are letting their guards down along with asymptomatic testing more are getting identified.
          Currently schools are the main contributors but dont see why it would drop off. Schools finish, but then so does social distancing and masks.
          Why would everyone else be predicting 100,000 plus infections a day?

Comment

Primary contact is same household.
            Schools have more outbreaks than all other settings combined
            Most common activity before testing positive education

20-29 are the difficult group as their vaccination rate is still in progress and already the highest rates.

It is not compulsory to get into others space/face and abandon masks.
            Yet to see where that goes, there will be some that increase their precaution levels in the short term

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
              Primary contact is same household.
              Schools have more outbreaks than all other settings combined
              Most common activity before testing positive education

20-29 are the difficult group as their vaccination rate is still in progress and already the highest rates.

It is not compulsory to get into others space/face and abandon masks.
              Yet to see where that goes, there will be some that increase their precaution levels in the short term
              So the 100.000 infections per day is just bs. Already up over 40,000.
              It does not matter whether, or what is compulsory, or not. As you seem to be out often, are you telling me you haven't noticed, precautions are already being dropped. Not increased.
              Silverstone, Euros, the Open, the hundred, and football league in a couple of weeks, and thats just the sporting events, let alone clubs and pubs, this will not be dropping anytime soon.
              Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 15th July 2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I was both surprised and somewhat niggled when on a train last Friday travelling to Surrey. Although the majority of passengers were wearing masks and social distancing, there were quite a few young people approx age 20-30 who were not wearing masks and sitting in groups. They obviously have no care for the effect that their actions/choices may have on everyone else.

Jill

Comment

Can see 100k before the current measures and school closures kick in.

UK at 48k with Scotland dropping but not adding many

7 day rate of increase had been leveling off upto the weekend down under 35% from 2 peaks over 70% for England. Will see what it looks like when this week's filter through and another week get added.

I will be attending a venue at full capacity next week will see how many follow the venue guidelines on masks (wear when moving about, optional when seated)
                  They are also asking for fully vaccinated and lateral flow that day doubt they can check that.

Only seeing a small change in the places I go there are a few more forgetting masks, tried a new place for dinner Tue, sat outside 100% compliance those eating inside the hour we were there.

​​​

Comment

My daughter travelled on a train 2 days ago that was very busy.She estimated that more than 30% were not wearing masks and the non compliers were from all.age groups.
                    That's certainly my experience in shops too.
                    My daughter's friend was also abused in a shop for wearing a mask by a non mask wearer.They were over 50.

Comment

The behavioural science sub-group of Sage were asked to write a report outlining what Covid-safe behaviours needed to be in place once any legal restrictions were lifted.

In April they set out the need for 'comprehensive communication and education campaigns' to explain the risks and mitigations in different settings.

It is now mid-July. I don't recall seeing any comprehensive communication and education campaigns. I guess we're relying on Great British Common Sense again.

Yes, I know there are always people who ignore any campaign messages they don't like, but in my view the messaging and communications have been extremely poor and I don't quite understand why that is considered to be an acceptable strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                        The behavioural science sub-group of Sage were asked to write a report outlining what Covid-safe behaviours needed to be in place once any legal restrictions were lifted.

In April they set out the need for 'comprehensive communication and education campaigns' to explain the risks and mitigations in different settings.

It is now mid-July. I don't recall seeing any comprehensive communication and education campaigns. I guess we're relying on Great British Common Sense again.

Yes, I know there are always people who ignore any campaign messages they don't like, but in my view the messaging and communications have been extremely poor and I don't quite understand why that is considered to be an acceptable strategy.
                        I agree. I think we in England would benefit from a TV ad warning people of complacency and the need to consider EVERYONE in society. In essence, a 'It's not about me but we' campaign.

Jill

Comment

I had an e-mail from my dental practice, they have said they are still going to take your temperature before you go in, keep social distancing, and not let you in until it is your turn, and keep masks in place.

I just hope people stay patient. To many just seem so angry, and take it out on who ever is there at the time.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the rules, 60,000 + at Wembley + hoards of crowds, but a parent can't watch at their childrens sports day?? Cases exploding at the moment, but lets drop all the safety measures anyway!!

I started a thread, called 'Do cases matter', and according to our politicians 'No they Don't' Crazy times we are living in ..............................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                            I had an e-mail from my dental practice, they have said they are still going to take your temperature before you go in, keep social distancing, and not let you in until it is your turn, and keep masks in place.

I just hope people stay patient. To many just seem so angry, and take it out on who ever is there at the time.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the rules, 60,000 + at Wembley + hoards of crowds, but a parent can't watch at their childrens sports day?? Cases exploding at the moment, but lets drop all the safety measures anyway!!

I started a thread, called 'Do cases matter', and according to our politicians 'No they Don't' Crazy times we are living in ..............................Carol
                            Some commentators have suggested that the PM is using the UK as an experiment for herd immunity.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Some commentators have suggested that the PM is using the UK as an experiment for herd immunity.

Annie
                              The UK or England?
                              Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X