• Ahoy there! Why not join the UKโ€™s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunard cancellation

I have just received an email from Cunard cancelling our cruise on QE due to depart on 31st July. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Oriana
    Oceana
    Ventura
    Queen Mary 2
    Queen Victoria
    Queen Elizabeth

Originally posted by Happy, Wolverhampton View Post
    I have just received an email from Cunard cancelling our cruise on QE due to depart on 31st July. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Thatโ€™s very disappointing for you being so close to sailing date. Have you been offered an alternative at a later date?

In the light of a crew member on QE testing positive for Covid, other cancellations may be on the cards.

Comment

We havenโ€™t been offered an alternative cruise only a FCC or a refund. ๐Ÿ˜‚
      Oriana
      Oceana
      Ventura
      Queen Mary 2
      Queen Victoria
      Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Our Aug 6th QE has just been cancelled too. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ refund or 110% FCC offered. Gutted doesnโ€™t even begin to say how we feel, 6 cruises cancelled since April 19.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

That is really short notice We're due to go on her the end of November, but I'm not holding my breath ..........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            Damn

There's another cruise cancelled.

We were due to sail 6th August. QE cruises cancelled until 13th August.

Our cruises seem to be the one before the restart, this year. Our QV Northern Lights in Oct was cancelled but the ones afterwards were re assigned to QE, and now our 6th Aug cancelled but 13th August is a goer.

We have had so many cruises cancelled I have lost count but it's around seven or eight now.

Bummer. We needed this break too!
            Sorry, didn't see this thread when I posted on Tug's thread.

I'm not gutted, but I am disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
              Our Aug 6th QE has just been cancelled too. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ refund or 110% FCC offered. Gutted doesnโ€™t even begin to say how we feel, 6 cruises cancelled since April 19.
              re submitted

Bang goes our meal in a Lido pop up Issyalex!

I was so looking forward to seeing you both too.

Comment

Have they said why they have cancelled them?

The P&O stay cations seem to be running quite successfully ................................................Ca rol

Comment

Sorry to hear these cruises are cancelled, did Cunard give you a reason for this? Not everyone will be already aware that they had a slight issue on board.

Comment

Hi all
                    Not a cruise butโ€ฆ..my daughter had her July 27th Holiday in Spain cancelled by TUI yesterday
                    All TUI holidays to Amber List countries due to depart before the 31st July cancelled.

The E-Mail never said why.

JC
                    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
                      Sorry to hear these cruises are cancelled, did Cunard give you a reason for this? Not everyone will be already aware that they had a slight issue on board.

Cunard's return to service will now be on 13 August 2021.
                      Since March 2020 our priority has been to work with public health, medical and scientific experts as well as industry bodies and various Government departments to put in place an approved framework of protocols to protect the health and wellbeing of our crew, guests and the communities we visit, both during our pause in operations and once we begin sailing.

These protocols, of which we are very proud, have proven to be very effective and we had no cases of Covid-19 in over 5,000 crew members until last month when a small number of cases were identified amongst new crew boarding the ship.

Working with Southampton Port Health we have taken steps to successfully contain the situation and one of these actions has been to limit new crew joining the ship. This has meant we will not be able to complete final essential preparations or deliver our comprehensive training schedule to the full contingent of crew prior to our first few scheduled sailings as we return to service.

Therefore, I am very sorry, but voyages Q119P, Q119Q, Q120P, Q120Q and Q121P will have to be cancelled. We know how much everyone has been looking forward to these coastal holidays but we will not sail until we are ready to deliver the Cunard experience you and your customers expect. After such a long period it is critical that all our crew are trained in the new procedures and refreshed in the very special White Star service which makes a Cunard voyage so memorable.

Please see the sections below for details of the options available to your customers.

Once again, please do accept my sincere apologies and I very much look forward to seeing you and your customers on board very soon.

Best wishes,
                      Simon Palethorpe
                      President, Cunard

Comment

How disappointing.

Personally, I would NOT be booking cruises this year. It's just too unpredictable yet.
                        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                          How disappointing.

Personally, I would NOT be booking cruises this year. It's just too unpredictable yet.
                          Yes, it's dicey, but if you don't book then you won't be going. A bit of a silly statement I know because it's stating the bzzzzing obvious but the only good thing to come out of all this is booked passengers will get all their cash back or110% of monies paid as FCC [we won't as our cruise was completely paid for by the FCC accrued from past cancelled cruises] so all that's lost is the enjoyment factor from being at sea.

Comment

Hi Mrs M
                            Sorry to hear that this has been cancelled as it looked like you might get away at last.
                            We looked at one on Princess leaving on my birthday which was reasonably priced, only 3 nights but better than nothing.
                            I doubt I'd get madam on it though

Onto the next one.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                              Hi Mrs M
                              Sorry to hear that this has been cancelled as it looked like you might get away at last.
                              We looked at one on Princess leaving on my birthday which was reasonably priced, only 3 nights but better than nothing.
                              I doubt I'd get madam on it though

Onto the next one.

Garf
                              Thanks Garf.
                              That drink's now on hold now too as well as a meal with Issyalex!
                              Weโ€™re destined not to meet up with some fellow forum friends this year sadly.

Have you tried arm twisting on your better half?
                              x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X