• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comforting News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comforting News

I received an email from Fred Olsen today, giving me details of their requirements for passengers due to embark on their forthcoming cruises.

[QUOTE] VACCINATIONS

The first thing to say is that we have made it a requirement for all guests in 2021 to be fully vaccinated, which means you can feel safe in the knowledge that all of those you are travelling with are protected too. You will need to bring proof of your vaccinations which will be checked prior to embarkation. The easiest way to do this is to download and login to the NHS app. If you do not have access to a smartphone or tablet, please call 119 and you can request an official letter from the NHS. The letter can be requested no sooner than 4 weeks before you are due to travel and will take up to 7 working days to be processed, so please plan ahead.

Click here for Vaccination questions and answers >

FACE MASKS

Based on the current Government guidelines for the cruise industry, all guests will have to wear a face mask when moving around inside the ship and where social distancing is not possible (we do ask for a mask, rather than a shield or covering). You will not need to wear a mask when you are out on deck or sitting down, for example when you’re enjoying something to eat or a drink in one of our new bars or lounges.

SOCIAL BUBBLES

We know that for many, meeting new people and making new friends is an important part of their cruise. This is why we have introduced 'social bubbles' on board. You will have up to five companions with whom you can dine, drink and enjoy our entertainment with, should you wish to, during your cruise. You will not need to socially distance yourself from anyone in your bubble. If you are travelling in a group with separate bookings, please let us know and we will do everything we can to ensure you are in the same 'social bubble'.

Guests will need to remain socially distanced from everyone who is not inside their bubble. Our furniture has been arranged to assist with this and you will also find helpful signage
    /QUOTE]

For me it is comforting to know that those who choose not to have the Covid vaccine, will not be allowed on the ship.
    Jill

Vaccine passports are coming.

Annie

Comment

They should have made it clear from the start that passengers must be fully vaccinated. Some are now having to cancel their cruise with Fred. Too late for us we have booked Virgin. We would more than likely have booked Fred instead if they gad made their minds up earlier regarding the vaccine requirements

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
        They should have made it clear from the start that passengers must be fully vaccinated. Some are now having to cancel their cruise with Fred. Too late for us we have booked Virgin. We would more than likely have booked Fred instead if they gad made their minds up earlier regarding the vaccine requirements
        I don't think anybody was able to 'make their minds up' until the scientific data was sufficient to help with the decision.
        Jill

Comment

To be fair, I think it is the very fast spread of the Delta (Indian ) variant which has forced this decision.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

To be fair, I think it is the very fast spread of the Delta (Indian ) variant which has forced this decision.

Annie

Maybe so but most other cruise lines made the decision weeks ago. Fred have been sitting on the fence taking bookings from unvaccinated passengers who now have no cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

I don't think anybody was able to 'make their minds up' until the scientific data was sufficient to help with the decision.
              P&0 Cunard and other lines did. Fred can't have much faith in their arrangement as they are not letting anyone with a compromised immune system on board even with correct insurance to cover the conditions.

Comment

Maybe so but most other cruise lines made the decision weeks ago. Fred have been sitting on the fence taking bookings from unvaccinated passengers who now have no cruise.
                Fair point however I would imagine that the age demographic of FO's client list was amongst the first to be offered vaccine.

If they decline the vaccine offer, there are consequences.

Annie
                Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 11th June 2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

P&0 Cunard and other lines did. Fred can't have much faith in their arrangement as they are not letting anyone with a compromised immune system on board even with correct insurance to cover the conditions.
                  Fred are merely protecting both passengers and crew.

I doubt that having the correct insurance would stop unvaccinated people possibly being asymptomatic and taking the virus on board would you?
                  Jill

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Fair point however I would imagine that the age demographic of FO's client list was amongst the first to be offered vaccine.

If tiny decline the vaccine offer, there are consequences.

Annie
                    Precisely. As has often been said on this forum. it's not about ME but WE.
                    Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X