• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azamara Cancels cruises through June 30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azamara Cancels cruises through June 30

Hi All

Azamara cancels all sailings to June 30 | Travel Weekly

Annie

No doubt many others will follow

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
      No doubt many others will follow
      An idle exercise this morning, I went on the Cunard website. May cruises aren't showing any more. Indicative?

Comment

Earliest cruises on P&O site are for 24th and 26th June Med & Norway.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I had an email this morning from VtoG in Houston this morning saying that US infection rates have fallen 77%, and they expect to achieve herd immunity by April. That being so they hope that cruising can start again in the not too distant future. Whether that will happen is anyone's guess, but that made me realise that there has been no mention of herd immunity here for a long time. I wonder how far we are from achieving that?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
            I had an email this morning from VtoG in Houston this morning saying that US infection rates have fallen 77%, and they expect to achieve herd immunity by April. That being so they hope that cruising can start again in the not too distant future. Whether that will happen is anyone's guess, but that made me realise that there has been no mention of herd immunity here for a long time. I wonder how far we are from achieving that?
            US close to herd immunity by April - which April??

If I have to guess herd immunity of current covid 19 strains in UK - I'll plump for Dec 2021. Current status is approx 20% have had CV19 + 30% vaccinated 1st dose. We don't know how long immunity lasts do we?? No doubt TD will be along to correct me.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
              I received that email too Peter. I think Mr Fox is trying to generate bookings as he’s been saying that for weeks. That said, I can’t blame him for trying to be positive.

Comment

I'm expecting my June cruise on Anthem to be cancelled, although the RCI website still has cruises beginning in April.
                2018-
                Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

US close to herd immunity by April - which April??

If I have to guess herd immunity of current covid 19 strains in UK - I'll plump for Dec 2021. Current status is approx 20% have had CV19 + 30% vaccinated 1st dose. We don't know how long immunity lasts do we?? No doubt TD will be along to correct me.

Annie
                  Not been tracking the cumulative estimated data but a quick google come up with this for a month ago
                  https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...nuary-12207328

20% not unreasonable guess the key point being that 4/5 are still at risk

one obvious observation is the overlap between had covid and vaccinated for covid

got to avoid double counting you can't use a straight + to get an estimate of those protected.

The 30% vaccinated comes from ~18m/66

I think it is something like 15m(uk) in the top 4 JVCI groups let say 80% of them have been done that leaves 6/66 for the rest of the population ~10% vaccine penetration

Need more research to get the age distribution profile of those previously infected to deal with that aide of the double count.

------------------------------------------------------

We have a real problem with this rush to open up, many people think we don't need to protect everyone because most people survive and don't get that ill,

that leads them to once we have protected those that do get ill that's it. open up.

(That ignores that younger people do get ill and many even if not serious have long covid after effects that are a permanent disability)

if you do open then what happens is more people get it(a lot more of those 4/5) and it spreads to those where the vaccines have not worked so you still get people seriously ill and dying.

The bigger risk with a virus that has high prevalence is you can get vaccine escape and you have to start again( there is some evidence that is already happening)

We cannot let numbers go up even in the groups that don't get that ill we need to keep the social interventions in place to get transmissions down

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X