• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDC Issues Mask Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all
    From today in the Isle of Man all restrictions have been lifted,,,,no masks,no distancing,all pubs and businesses open,,and schools reopened.

But,,,,I still can’t go over to visit my sister and brother in law due to quarantine restrictions still in place,,,,there and here.
    We usually go over 5/6 times a year,,,,

Oceania Sirena is the first cruise ship scheduled in Douglas end of May.

JC
    Hm, we will watch with interest then JC. We are off to IOM in June for a week.
    Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post
      I think wearing masks at home, work or even on a long awaited holiday is going to be the norm for quite a while yet.
      ​​​​​​
      I'm not making light of it by any means as I have to wear one at work for most of my day but we may have to think about getting some masks for the formal nights to match the frocks and the dinner suits . It's not a deal breaker for me.
      Once I know that I am sailing, then I will seek out some snazzier masks from the website that Mrs M shared with me.
      2018-
      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

One of the benefits of the masks is that it removes the need to apply any make up below eye level.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
          One of the benefits of the masks is that it removes the need to apply any make up below eye level.
          Our craft group has a weekly Zoom meeting, and one topic today was 'When did you last wear lipstick?'. Also several had stopped wearing earrings because they interfere with masks. It provided a light break from discussing our new project, hats and mittens for the homeless.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
            And to put your denture in or bother to shave

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

And to put your denture in or bother to shave
              Hope you're speaking for yourself, and not for me!

No need to brush your teeth either! ​​​​​

Comment

If wearing masks are the only way to cruise this year then I’ll quite happily be the masked non singer onboard.

Even if we holiday in the U.K. this year we will still have to wear masks.

I think masks are with us until after we all receive the booster covid along with our flu vaccines.
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                  If wearing masks are the only way to cruise this year then I’ll quite happily be the masked non singer onboard.

Even if we holiday in the U.K. this year we will still have to wear masks.

I think masks are with us until after we all receive the booster covid along with our flu vaccines.
                  Absolutely Issy, which is why I am not wasting any more time than I have to staying at home.

I've got 3 cruises booked and 3 UK short breaks booked. If they go ahead then great, if not then I will book something else a bit later in the year.

Jill

Comment

Going to the pub will feel like a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                      Going to the pub will feel like a holiday.
                      When do you think that will actually happen ? I’m not convinced it will happen in the next 3-6 months. Hope I’m wrong

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

When do you think that will actually happen ? I’m not convinced it will happen in the next 3-6 months. Hope I’m wrong
                        The NHS should hope pubs open soon as alcohol related deaths increased 16% in first 9 months 2020 in England and Wales.

Alcohol deaths hit record high during Covid pandemic - BBC News

Annie

Comment

My husband, mother-in-law and I went to Warners Holme Lacy in October. Mask wearing was compulsory everywhere indoors apart from your room or when sitting down - whether to eat or drink or just to relax. Hand sanitisers were absolutely everywhere and social distancing observed.
                          We were there for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. The entertainment was a little different- no dancing allowed- but it was an excellent week. We enjoyed it so much we are (hopefully!) going to Littlecote House later in the year. We found that mask wearing became second nature and in no way interfered with our enjoyment of our holiday.
                          We have a Canaries Islands cruise booked for the end of the year, and as we've already had to move or cancel three cruises, fingers crossed for this one! We have really missed cruising, not having been since December 2019 and can't wait to get back to it, masks or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

The pubs and restaurants we used were well managed so relatively save no data points to hospitality being a problem.

The virus has moved on so unknown if the current interventions are sufficient.

Get education and their essential services open then wait at least 4 weeks before any other restrictions are lifted

We have at least another 4 weeks for lockdown and current vaccines to do their stuff if they can.

If teachers play the I have to be vaccinated to open up completely that's a 4 week delay from vaccinations happening.

Can't see it being sensible to open up hospitality for at least 3 months.

​​​

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X