• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azamara update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azamara update

Variations on this post seem to go straight to unapproved

Royal Caribbean Group said it is selling its Azamara luxury cruise line for $201 million in cash to private-equity firm Sycamore Partners

John

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
    Variations on this post seem to go straight to unapproved

Royal Caribbean Group said it is selling its Azamara luxury cruise line for $201 million in cash to private-equity firm Sycamore Partners

John
    How Interesting.

However there is an $170 million impairment charge.

Royal Caribbean Group selling Azamara to private equity firm Sycamore (seatrade-cruise.com)

Must pop down to Shieldhall for a possible last glimpse (I know an unnecessary journey )

Annie

Comment

You just bet me to posting this news John.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

How Interesting.

However there is an $170 million impairment charge.

Royal Caribbean Group selling Azamara to private equity firm Sycamore (seatrade-cruise.com)

Must pop down to Shieldhall for a possible last glimpse (I know an unnecessary journey )

Annie
        Annie the best places to get a good view of the ships are either the QEUH multi-storey car park for a distance view or for a close up view go just behind the electrical box across from the cleansing dump at Shieldhall. Yes you guess right we’ve viewed them! 😂😂 6900C997-6A5E-4B41-86C5-FE80786B22D2.jpegA12AC814-5CE2-4770-8878-5CE56C67E070.jpeg2E380BB6-3864-46B6-ABF6-179C57800FE3.jpeg8D0F6F01-1975-46E1-93A0-E705779A7E73.jpeg
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Wonder how long they’ll be docked there, it seems a lifetime now.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
            Wonder how long they’ll be docked there, it seems a lifetime now.
            Well the bean counters are truly in charge now so...........................

Comment

I think this has been on the cards for a while, the acquisition of Silversea was the final piece in the jigsaw, when Azamara launched they were great value but then went down the more inclusive route and latterly were sometimes more expensive than Seabourn for comparable trips but not quality.

Comment

I have said this before I think RCCL missed a trick with ACC.

It became known as the secret cruise line as people just did not know about it and the prices were very good for the product.

I think they could have gone to direct selling only marketing only to existing customers of RCI and X.
                Presentations sales on the ships to drive sales.

The savings in costs would have made the pricing very competitive for people already into cruising and looking for something more exclusive and upmarket.

The initial product was very good, partially inclusive(more than enough for most), good food and good entertainment.

once they went "more inclusive" they prices themselves out of their niche

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X