• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seajets buys another cruise ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seajets buys another cruise ship

After buying Oceana and 2 HAL ships,they have now bought Pacific Aria which was originally going to CMV as Ida Pfeiffer:
    https://cruisemarsh.wordpress.com/20...grows-reports/

Good to see so much optimism in the industry with so many older smaller ships being bought.

Although with operating costs per passenger more than the giants, if the big players are correct, I wonder how they will make money.

Comment

They won't have big debts to pay back and massive corporate salaries to support.

They may also be able to get their cost of sales down if they get the product right and find a market.

Going to be interesting what Seajets come up with for these leisure ships, they have a successful ferry business plying the Cyclades

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
        Good to see so much optimism in the industry with so many older smaller ships being bought.

Although with operating costs per passenger more than the giants, if the big players are correct, I wonder how they will make money.
        Agreed nice to see at least some saved and some optimism.You would hope a successful company will have done its numbers?Predictions are quite hard now though

Comment

Here are some images of the Seajets fleet, for those who have never heard of them (like me!):

https://youtu.be/WV4THR7A8EY
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

2 more added to the fleet.

Ex CMV columbus and Magellan.

Thats 6 ships so far.

Wonder if they will team up with ex CMV boss to start a new line as he has the assets experience to kick-start marketing.
            Last edited by Topdeck, London; 23rd October 2020, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I had forgotten that Christian Verhounig who bought the CMV assets lives in Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                I had forgotten that Christian Verhounig who bought the CMV assets lives in Greece.
                Yes some rumours swirling about him leasing the ships back in a new venture.
                Time will tell

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X