• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone still got a cruise booked in 2020?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Has anyone still got a cruise booked in 2020?

    We have a cruise booked in October and I am seriously thinking about postponing the cruise to 2021. I am not sure I will be comfortable about cruising in 2020 and sailing to Europe - Germany, Belgium and Holland this year. We have already cancelled 3 holidays this year up to July, including a cruise we should have been on in March.

    Has anyone still got a cruise booked for 2020 and expecting to sail?

    #2
    Personally I'd move it.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

    Comment


      #3
      Yep October to Italy on Anthem.
      Have no intention of going. Couldn’t afford it even if it does go ahead, which I don’t think it will.
      Just waiting to see what happens. Have no intention of moving it to next year at the moment. Have you seen the prices?!

      Comment


        #4
        Wait till it is cancelled and get your money back.

        ​​​​​​

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
          Yep October to Italy on Anthem.
          Have no intention of going. Couldn’t affoWillrd it even if it does go ahead, which I don’t think it will.
          Just waiting to see what happens. Have no intention of moving it to next year at the moment. Have you seen the prices?!
          Will you be cancelling it? Presumably they will be expecting you to pay the balance in June, like mine, transfer or cancel?

          Comment


            #6
            We’ve still got a cruise booked for August and the balance due date is next month. I need to have a chat before then with my cruise agent having delayed as they will have had many more urgent cases to deal with. But it’s looking very unlikely as time goes on with so many factors to consider.

            Comment


              #7
              We’ve had to cancel our Baltic Cruise on Silhouette for this summer. Very disappointing, but what can we do? One thing we’ve learned this week is that we’ll have to get some new travel insurance quotes as Direct Line won’t insure for Coronavirus in future. Goodness knows when we will next have a holiday that actually feels like one. Small beer in the grand scheme of things, especially when you think what some people are going through.

              Take care and stay well. Helen

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                Wait till it is cancelled and get your money back.

                ​​​​​​
                I would have to pay the balance in June and I don't want to pay even more money in. I think P & O are allowing you to transfer your cruise to something else and can be a shorter cruise and less expensive. I was thinking about transferring it to a mini cruise, so I don't have to pay much more. The other option is a full cancellation.

                Comment


                  #9
                  We had our Anthem cruise cancelled today...I already have a hold on a cabin for a cruise on Anthem next year that we found even though I thought they were all out of our price range.





                  Our Celebrity cruise that is still booked is for end Oct so have loads of time to see how the virus lockdown plays out but I can't really see us going in any circumstances.

                  Garf.




                  Comment


                    #10
                    We have a river cruise in October, payment due in August, we would rather not go but can cancel and get a FCC for the deposit, wait and see

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Was due to go in June on Iona, change it to June 2021 and transferred my deposit to new cruise. No cancellation fees.
                      Delboy


                      Photo Albums

                      https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                      or

                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

                        Will you be cancelling it? Presumably they will be expecting you to pay the balance in June, like mine, transfer or cancel?
                        I won’t be able to afford to pay the balance so I’ll have to cancel and go for a FCC.
                        which is what we’ve had to do with our Celebrity cruise to Norway in June.
                        Its gutting because I genuinely don’t know if we will be able to cruise next year but I do know that now I cannot afford to pay the balance

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                          Wait till it is cancelled and get your money back.

                          ​​​​​​
                          But that doesn’t work if you cannot afford to pay the balance before they make a decision to cancel.

                          i cancelled our Celebrity Norway cruise in June the day we went into lockdown when the balance was over due.

                          My business was forced shut. So the money saved for the balance is literally putting food on our table and paying the direct debits i couldn’t cut. So I took the fcc for £300

                          the date of our cruise has now fallen into the cancellation dates. So if we could have hung on, we would have got a refund which is frustrating but one of those things.
                          I genuinely don’t know if we will be able to use the fcc before it expires

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Due to go to Japan in October. I have no confidence we'll be going, and don't think I want to. Our deposit was only £150. but we have booked our flights and paid in full for them, around £2000. I suspect BA won't reimburse us. Our balance is due in June, and as I don't want FCC, I probably won't pay. I'm hoping the travel ban remains in place in which case our insurers should pay for any losses, I hope.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We have Iona cruise end Oct. Hubby is unsure about going but I think if we’re allowed to travel then I’d definitely think about it. Our final payment is due July so I’ll wait and see what’s happening and might ask if we can either change cruise or have FCC.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X