• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PO is to put out a statement in the next 48 hours regarding cruises that are already booked!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    PO is to put out a statement in the next 48 hours regarding cruises that are already booked!!

    I read on the PO website that they will be putting out a statement regarding those already booked cruises, several theories have been put forward, such as being able to move the cruise to later or next year, I believe refunds have also been mentioned. I am booked for the 23rd of May on the new Iona , but I will be cancelling as my GD is asthmatic and I can't take the chance. Anyone else heard or are booked with PO?
    Last edited by cornish girl, falmouth; 10th March 2020, 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling!
    sigpic

    #2
    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
    I read on the PO website that they will be putting out a statement regarding those already booked cruises, several theories have been put forward, such as being able to move the cruise to later or next year, I believe refunds have also been mentioned. I am booked for the 23rd of May on the new Iona , but I will be cancelling as my GD is asthmatic and I can't take the chance. Anyone else heard or are booked with PO?
    Hi CG

    That confirms what JC and TD posted last night.

    Annie

    Comment


      #3
      Yes I saw it yesterday but have not seen anything since still waiting.
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        By the way ! does anyone know how this virus is affecting Norway etc, will they be pleased to se all these passengers descending on them? I wonder?
        sigpic

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
          By the way ! does anyone know how this virus is affecting Norway etc, will they be pleased to se all these passengers descending on them? I wonder?
          Norway has 240 cases currently and an incidence rate of 44.3 per million. The UK incidence rate is 4.7 per million.

          Annie

          Comment


            #6
            We're already booked for Norway in early June but with Marella. Apparently it will be another two weeks before the virus really spreads here so will just have to wait and see what happens.

            Have had a cold, cough and sore throat but no temperature for the past week, possibly just a heavy cold but I have stayed at home just in case!

            Comment


              #7
              I am booked with P & O, 14 nights in July including four Italian ports.
              Just waiting now to see what their next move is around cancellation or moving the cruise. I had booked originally Dubai to Malta but this was cancelled so I moved it to this one in July which is now in doubt as well!!!

              I was booked with RCCL on Oasis Transatlantic last year and two weeks before a crane fell on it so the cruise was cancelled. We got a full refund plus a Future Cruise Credit for the same value.

              I think I am doomed not to cruise anytime soon!!!

              Michelle

              Comment


                #8
                I'm on Iona's maiden, and am waiting to see what happens, I've got a funny feeling we may just be floating around for 9 days

                I'll be guided by what they say, it must be a nightmare for the cruise lines to sort out!! .................................................. ............Carol

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Peanut, Halifax View Post
                  I am booked with P & O, 14 nights in July including four Italian ports.
                  Just waiting now to see what their next move is around cancellation or moving the cruise. I had booked originally Dubai to Malta but this was cancelled so I moved it to this one in July which is now in doubt as well!!!

                  I was booked with RCCL on Oasis Transatlantic last year and two weeks before a crane fell on it so the cruise was cancelled. We got a full refund plus a Future Cruise Credit for the same value.

                  I think I am doomed not to cruise anytime soon!!!

                  Michelle
                  Hi Michelle,

                  Yes our cruise before Xmas was cancelled because the ship needed re-pairing, I don't want the next one cancelled too .....................................Carol

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Carry on like this and most cruise ships will be getting a big red cross on the side and turned into hospital ships.

                    Garf

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Hi Carol,

                      Hope you have a great cruise on Iona. We are booked on her July 2021 with the Grandchildren

                      Michelle

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Well we're happy to cruise a two weeker to nowhere, but I wonder how many think like us! I'll bet we're in a very small minority. No-port cruising is unsustainable.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                          Well we're happy to cruise a two weeker to nowhere, but I wonder how many think like us! I'll bet we're in a very small minority. No-port cruising is unsustainable.
                          They only need to cover operating cost to save laying up the ships.
                          Depreciation during layup might be more than keeping them at sea

                          Comment


                          • tdb, Brentwood
                            tdb, Brentwood commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good informed comment. Well said.

                          #14
                          We were considering booking Azura repositioning from Caribbean but I think we have had 2 lucky escapes cruising around Asia and last week Spain with only one port change. Don't think we will change our luck.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Bags packed late booking right price go for it.

                            Comment


                            We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.


                            By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

                            Working...
                            X