• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they for you?

Are tattoo parlours and drag themed brunch cruises for you? If so check out Branson's Scarlet Lady in Brighton for the weekend.

See https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/c...-scarlet-lady/

It will be interesting to see if aiming at a "youthful" market with limited holiday allowances and limited finances will be as lucrative as an older market with more time and money.

Providing that the tattoos and drag brunches are not compulsory then I don't see a problem. There are always things going on during cruises that I avoid because they are of no interest to me.

Comment

Disappointed...my invitation for a day visit never arrived.

Regards
      Garf.

Comment

My daughter would love the tattoo parlour. We would both love the drag brunches.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I’m afraid I’d give both a miss! I can’t abide tatts, but that’s just me. Healthy clean skin is beautiful in and of itself. I don’t understand the point of an “artwork” that you need to view with a mirror while you’ve got your head between your knees.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Absolutely not. Imagine the sort of people with whom you would be cruising. If this makes me a snob,so be it.

Comment

I've got a tattoo....... Just saying 😉

Actually, our local itv news ran a story tonight about her arrival in to UK waters. She looks quite unique and more sleek then I imagined. Saying that, I wouldn't get a tattoo during any holiday let alone a cruise.
              BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Urgh, I simply hate tattoos but so I would avoid the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                  Absolutely not. Imagine the sort of people with whom you would be cruising. If this makes me a snob,so be it.
                  I cannot agree more. If this makes me a snob - so be it too! I cannot think of anything worse than a cruise on this ship. I think it will be a 18-30 floating holiday camp.

Comment

Wait until the first person gets sepsis or some other problem from having a tattoo onboard.
                    We know what the americans are like with litigation.

Garf.

Comment

We don’t have any problem with tattoos in general, except when people cover themselves in them, have also seen a few drag acts in our time but probably not in the last 50+ years, neither of which would influence a decision to cruise with a particular cruise line.

Neither my wife or myself have any tattoos, both our daughter and son have a few small ones most not on public view, would happily cruise with either or both of of them, same as when I was on the same cruise as Bigsis. 👍😉😎
                      Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 21st February 2020, 09:48 PM.
                      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I don't mind others having tattoos but for sure I am not interested in having one.

The drag brunches could be fun but the possible mix of passengers might bother me, given that I could be made t o feel my age!
                        Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                          I’m afraid I’d give both a miss! I can’t abide tatts, but that’s just me. Healthy clean skin is beautiful in and of itself. I don’t understand the point of an “artwork” that you need to view with a mirror while you’ve got your head between your knees.

Take care, Helen
                          This has just made me laugh out loud! The image it conjures up.......!!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post

This has just made me laugh out loud! The image it conjures up.......!!
                            Exactly! 😜

Take care, Helen

Comment

I can’t stand tattoos but I understand it’s a personal choice that many will regret in later life. It is what it is, times have changed as will cruising when this floating tattoo parlour gets underway.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X