• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding Off Booking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I’m not holding off booking but pricing is a concern, hence the reason I don’t have anything booked after my cruise next weekend. My next cruise will probably be the Med in September and October. No plans to head east anyway.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post
      We are off down to Gibraltar, Spain and Portugal in 5 weeks and looking forward to it. Next cruise after that will be in October, but nowhere near Asia, just Germany, France and Holland.

      This virus has the odd patient in most countries now.
      https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

      I think South America and the Africa are exempt??

      Suspicious that Indonesia has not reported any cases.

      Annie

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post
        We are off down to Gibraltar, Spain and Portugal in 5 weeks and looking forward to it. Next cruise after that will be in October, but nowhere near Asia, just Germany, France and Holland.

        This virus has the odd patient in most countries now.
        Posting again as the Unapproved message has appeared.

        Certain continents have no cases - South America and Africa??

        Annie

        Comment


          #19
          No bookings here for next year as yet but that’s prices not the Corona virus
          Weve our first outside cabin in October and I’ve got to admit to having a wobble over it. It was very much a price lead decision (£1300 cheaper than a balcony)
          Past cruises:
          Carnival Conquest October 2002
          Independence of the Seas October 2012
          Independence of the Seas May 2014
          Explorer of the Seas June 2015
          Norwegian Escape October 2015

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
            No bookings here for next year as yet but that’s prices not the Corona virus
            Weve our first outside cabin in October and I’ve got to admit to having a wobble over it. It was very much a price lead decision (£1300 cheaper than a balcony)
            For me that’s a no brainer - £1300 less. We hardly use our balcony tbh. Yes, it’s nice to have it but I’m usually satisfied if I can look out and see what the weather is like in the morning. Now, an inside stateroom is another matter. Done it once and never again, too claustrophobic.

            Comment


              #21
              We’re just back from 35 nights on Ventura and need to work hard now to make up for 5 weeks away! Nothing booked for the future, but it’s always a balcony for us and that won’t change. They put up some facts and figures on the screen before one of the last shows and over 50% of the 2900 passengers had booked a future cruise onboard!

              Comment


                #22
                It won’t stop me cruising but possibly I will avoid China and the Far East at the moment. On Black Watch next week and I’m far more concerned about Norovirus than I am Coronavirus. Will be taking my anti viral gel with me as
                usual.

                Comment


                • mikeaa, Bournemouth
                  Editing a comment
                  The anti viral gel will not stop you getting norovirus as its the wrong type of virus according to my doctor and all the gel on board is more show than keeping it at bay. Good old proper handwashing is the only safeguard

                #23
                We have a cruise booked for June and as it is to Norway and the Fjords have booked a balcony cabin.

                At the moment have had no thoughts re cancelling, even although I have recently been put on medication for respiratory problems and later this month due to have an echocardiogram.

                Although it could depend on what happens when I amend my insurance cover, booked when I first booked the cruise before I was aware of any respiratory problems.
                Delboy


                Photo Albums

                https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                or

                https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                Comment


                  #24
                  All the best Delboy, hope everything turns out OK

                  Comment


                    #25
                    No this will not put us off cruising or holidaying. I feel You cannot live your life worrying if you’ll catch this or that. We have 2 cruises booked this year, April and October and a land holiday in Prague this June and are looking forward to them all. We will be booking for next year when we see one that suits us.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                    Comment


                      #26
                      Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

                      For me that’s a no brainer - £1300 less. We hardly use our balcony tbh. Yes, it’s nice to have it but I’m usually satisfied if I can look out and see what the weather is like in the morning. Now, an inside stateroom is another matter. Done it once and never again, too claustrophobic.
                      We don’t mind an inside cabin. As it’s so dark we have the best sleep ever.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                      Comment


                        #27
                        Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                        We have a cruise booked for June and as it is to Norway and the Fjords have booked a balcony cabin.

                        At the moment have had no thoughts re cancelling, even although I have recently been put on medication for respiratory problems and later this month due to have an echocardiogram.

                        Although it could depend on what happens when I amend my insurance cover, booked when I first booked the cruise before I was aware of any respiratory problems.
                        Like you we're on a cruise to Norway in June. I stuck to going to Europe as I developed a heart problem last year. Thankfully it didn't affect my insurance with Barclays through Aviva but the doctors advised me to be careful to go where the health care is good & not to go to developing countries. I'm assuming Norway is OK!

                        Hope all goes well with the echo. Depends on what the problem is but hopefully your insurance will be OK.

                        Comment


                          #28
                          Not that fussed, holding off the far east options we had been looking at since back in Dec none came quite right.

                          Plenty of people going on the Marella Discovery far east trips, 3 dreamliner plane loads each week coming back to the UK after strolling around Asia for 2 weeks
                          A few have reported the "cruise cough" and are just ignoring the advice.

                          Will focus on stuff away from far east for the next few months as the late booking deals are starting to appear..
                          got Suez(treat them like a TA) and a south Africa relocation trip on the list as well as med, northern Europe and the TA's

                          it is very difficult to tell the extent and what future controls may be put in place for any new clusters, for now I think we have to assume quarantine if found on another ship.

                          Comment


                            #29
                            Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

                            We don’t mind an inside cabin. As it’s so dark we have the best sleep ever.
                            You can always do a Jane MacDonald and switch the tv to the bridge cam channel to see the weather outside!

                            Comment


                              #30
                              Originally posted by Lottie A, UK View Post
                              It won’t stop me cruising but possibly I will avoid China and the Far East at the moment. On Black Watch next week and I’m far more concerned about Norovirus than I am Coronavirus. Will be taking my anti viral gel with me as
                              usual.
                              Mikeaa I am trying to quote your reply to my post but for some reason I seem to have lost the quote reply button!

                              Anyway, what I want to say is your GP is not wrong, but maybe you have misinterpreted his information.It does happen sometimes (I am a GP too!)

                              On the ship the gels commonly used are ANTI BACTERIAL. Your GP is correct in saying these gels will not kill Norovirus because it is not a bacterial infection....it is a virus. I take my own ANTIVIRAL gel which is effective in battling viral infections. You can buy it and the anti viral wipes in Boots. The ship's hand gels are still effective in battling lots of bacterial infections so should still be used, but they will not treat Norovirus. As always, the best defence is vigorous hand washing for at least two minutes using hot water and soap. It is not enough to dabble your hands under the tap, as I see many people do. You should wash your hands like a surgeon going into the operating theatre does. This actually knocks the virus off your hands. Then use a paper towel to open the loo door and don't touch your face, especially your mouth or nose area. I always take a little bottle of anti viral hand gel in my bag and use it just before I eat. In many hundreds of cruises, some with Norovirus onboard, I have never been infected. I would also see many patients with the Winter Vomiting bug (essentially Norovirus) and also never caught it. I never use the salt and pepper shakes onboard and I do clean my cabin TV remote and phone with the anti viral gel. I am not obsessive about it but these are very common items that can pass on the infection.
                              Hope this clarifies things.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X