• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan to quarantine Diamond Princess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientific research says the median incubation period of 3 days but can be as long as 24 days

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

Annie

Comment

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1...127761920?s=20

Number of cases now 174

Annie

Comment

I don't know if I have missed something about this quarantine period of 14 days for the Diamond Princess, but how much longer do they have to endure?
        If new cases are appearing daily does it extend or what?
        Forgive me for sounding stupid!

Carol
        sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
          I don't know if I have missed something about this quarantine period of 14 days for the Diamond Princess, but how much longer do they have to endure?
          If new cases are appearing daily does it extend or what?
          Forgive me for sounding stupid!

Carol
          As yet no extension to end of quarantine has been announced. It ends Feb 19th.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

As yet no extension to end of quarantine has been announced. It ends Feb 19th.

Annie
            Thank you Annie. So that means that everyone is allowed off regardless, even if they are incubating the virus?

Carol
            sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Thank you Annie. So that means that everyone is allowed off regardless, even if they are incubating the virus?

Carol
              Unsure

I have just read this:

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...ronavirus.html

Annie

Comment

One option for the governments of those on board is to arrange evacuation flights like they are doing for those in China.

Pax(decide criteria) remain in isolation and get taken to the airport and transfered to their home country to offload responsibility from Japan

Very little is being said about crew who have gone from hospitaly workers to quarantine workers.
                I saw one report that the crew are still using the mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                  One option for the governments of those on board is to arrange evacuation flights like they are doing for those in China.

Pax(decide criteria) remain in isolation and get taken to the airport and transfered to their home country to offload responsibility from Japan

Very little is being said about crew who have gone from hospitaly workers to quarantine workers.
                  I saw one report that the crew are still using the mess.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/12/a...hnk/index.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/12/as-c...-vacation.html

Annie
                  Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 12th February 2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Carol
                    More developments:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XkR05nd2tPZ

Annie

Comment

Thank you again Annie. I did see on the BBC news channel at 9pm. what was being said, It makes me feel so, so sorry for them all. It makes me wonder how and when their ordeal will end.

Carol
                      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

I have been watching the Face Book/You Tube broadcasts from David Abel and his wife Sally, direct from the Diamond Princess. He is fair with his comments, has a wicked sense of humour, and has a worldwide following. Their beliefs are keeping them going. He was overcome this morning with the out pouring of support for everyone stricken down by this virus. My thoughts go out to them all. Jen

Comment

A new update.

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/di...6e36YTtJH2wAc4
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                            Thanks Issy.

Bento boxes are OK. I used them a lot when training through Japan.

Annie

Comment

Thanks Issy.

Bento boxes are OK. I used them a lot when training through Japan.

Annie
                              At least there’s light at the end of the tunnel for the passengers and staff.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

At least there’s light at the end of the tunnel for the passengers and staff.
                                Absolutely and the staff are receiving an extra 2 months paid leave.

I heard this morning they were planning to release the over 80s first or should it be those in inside cabins??

Yokohama is Japan's 2nd largest city and the people are lovely.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X