• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discovery dress code and how enforceable is it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi Top Deck.
    We are talking about a holiday atmosphere here,not Gordon Ramsey (although GR has a less formal dress code than some ships).

If you went to a 5* hotel in Spain would you go into the restaurant dressed to the nines.

You are on a ship thats all,its not the Lord Mayors banquet.Chill!!!
    JC
    I have been to a five star in grand canaria where jacket and tie were compulsory for the gents,

Comment

I don't get the point of ripped jeans being trendy. When my jeans have been ripped in the past it meant they were worn to death because I kept them for doing stuff around the house (preferring to keep.my decent things decent) and garden. They also would look a bit silly on my 61 year old figure. The kids have an expression for women who wear clothing that 'fits' size wise, but is not exactly age appropriate; the term is 'Kronenborg' because they look 16 from the back and 64 from the front.

When we go to Ibiza it's a case of clean shorts, trousers & tops for the local cafe and when we go on a cruise it is a case of button down shirts for him with nice chinos or trousers and very nice tops with skirts or trousers for me and the full monty for formal night (providing it is lightweight enough to pack).

Take care, Helen

Comment

It's amazing how any thread on dress code brings out two sides of the coin - those who like to dress up and those who don't and neither can understand the others point of view and probably never will.

I am in the dress to impress camp, even on casual nights we will be in smart casual at the very least. I've often been asked is it formal tonight, no is my answer, but I enjoy dressing up and cannot understand those who like to go to a nice restaurant and look like they are about to wash the car or do the garden. Unfortunately, life is short and so you have to do what you enjoy, but I think it is a shame that standards are declining in most things and there is undoubtedly a race to the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl, The Chilterns View Post
          It's amazing how any thread on dress code brings out two sides of the coin - those who like to dress up and those who don't and neither can understand the others point of view and probably never will.

I am in the dress to impress camp, even on casual nights we will be in smart casual at the very least. I've often been asked is it formal tonight, no is my answer, but I enjoy dressing up and cannot understand those who like to go to a nice restaurant and look like they are about to wash the car or do the garden. Unfortunately, life is short and so you have to do what you enjoy, but I think it is a shame that standards are declining in most things and there is undoubtedly a race to the bottom.
          Just booked a Tui Discovery 2 Med cruise with Juliette on here, good cabin too, last one. At least I know not to bother with my penguin suit, just got to rip my jeans a bit and get a sleeveless vest for the formal nights, so as I fit in.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X