• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomson cruises acquires Legend of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomson cruises acquires Legend of the Seas

Hi All

Another old RCI vessel transferring to Thomson in spring 2017.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...nd-of-the-seas

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 2nd June 2016, 07:58 AM.

I guess it makes sense, seeing as Legend has the same / similar features as the previously acquired Splendour of the Seas.

The experience I had on Splendour of the Seas was completely different to that on Anthem of the Seas. I might as well have been sailing on two completely different lines, such was the difference in crew, entertainment, and (most noticeably) food.
    Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Legend of the seas , that brings back memories , we went on her in 2001 , ,flew to Singapore to embark , then visited Phuket , Penang Kuala Lumpur Ko Samoi Bangkok overnight and Vietnam, lovely cruise , then again in 2008 , flew to Rome and visited Portofino Livorno Taormina Split Venice Dubrovnik and Sorrento , another lovely cruise and at the time a lovely ship.

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
        I guess it makes sense, seeing as Legend has the same / similar features as the previously acquired Splendour of the Seas.

The experience I had on Splendour of the Seas was completely different to that on Anthem of the Seas. I might as well have been sailing on two completely different lines, such was the difference in crew, entertainment, and (most noticeably) food.
        Interesting Duncan. I have noticed something similar with MSC.

I have sailed different classes of MSC vessels and JMO the smaller ships provided a different, higher quality experience for me. All 3 classes offered different experiences.

I know mega ships and Annie are not a good fit.

Annie

Comment

We sailed on Splendour of the Seas in February this year, excellent experience and this was a first for us after the first night in the main dinning room we ate other nights in the buffet where the service, choice etc was excellent.

Comment

Good news for Thomson fans.

We sailed on Splendour in 2011 and liked the ship very much. Hopefully we will get to try Discovery and/or Discovery 2 at some time in the future if the itineraries suit us.
            Jill

Comment

Sailed on her in 2005, was a dump, let's hope that they spend a few quid on her, miracles could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
                Sailed on her in 2005, was a dump, let's hope that they spend a few quid on her, miracles could happen.
                I sailed on Legend in 2009 after a partial refurb.

No complaints, ship, food, service all good............Wilba
                Wilba

Comment

Think they could have been a bit more daring with the name, Just sticking a number 2 on the end is a bit naff, Jan.

Comment

Hi Jan.
                    Thomson cruises are part of the German Owned TUI Group. They named their ships Mein Schiff 1, Mein Schiff 2, Mein Schiff 3 and Mein Schiff 4. Two new ships will be joining their fleet soon and guess what their names will be? Surprise surprise, Mein Schiff 5 and Mein Schiff 6. The Germans build good cars but they're not known for their imagination.

Cheers OSD
                    Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

If RCI steadily gets rid of the smaller ships and just retains the very big ships then our relationship may end!

Before Ovation, I had only sailed on Radiance and Voyager class ships. I preferred both over Ovation.
                      2018-
                      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I sailed on Legend twice but years ago late 1990's.We had a fabulous couple of cruises on her and the staff were great.We had a great waiter from Jamaica who made a big fuss of our 2 older children who were about 6 and 8 at the time.He gave them a napkin full of cookies every night.When my son came back with a Barcelona top on the day we docked there he asked him for his autograph!Would be interested to go on her again for old times sake.

Comment

Another sad day in a way. I know I could still go on Legend of the Seas by cruising with Thomson but I would miss the RCI signature and procedures. As part of the Vision Class of ships these are the smallest ships in the RCI fleet and probably some of the best.

We have had some really great cruises on Legend ots especially those which were entitled "Royal Cruises" and would have loved to see that style returned.

I hope Thomson look after her so that my memories at least stay in tact. .......Neil

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X