• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomson Spirit to sail for another year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomson Spirit to sail for another year

Hi All

From Travel Mole:

Thomson Spirit to sail for one more summer

Annie

This seems to happen a lot as passengers feel nostalgic for s hip they've loved sailing on and want one last fix!Happened to Marco Polo recently.My parents sailed on Spirit years ago when it was the Nieuw Amsterdam.I remember my Dad saying he loved the ship but warned against a cabin near the aft."It rattles so much it'll fetch your fillings out!"

Comment

I've cruised on-board Thomson Celebration, the sister to Spirit, so virtually identical.

She is a very nice ship.
      Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 4th July 2017, 03:48 PM.
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Hi all
        I have sailed on the Spirit maybe 10 times or more,,,yes,she does vibrate,but not in Cabin 216,,,,best cabin on the ship,midships 10m to the Prom Deck.
        I cruised on the very last sailing on the SS Topaz after 6 cruises on her,,,,don't have the same feeling for the Spirit.
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
          Hi all
          I have sailed on the Spirit maybe 10 times or more,,,yes,she does vibrate,but not in Cabin 216,,,,best cabin on the ship,midships 10m to the Prom Deck.
          I cruised on the very last sailing on the SS Topaz after 6 cruises on her,,,,don't have the same feeling for the Spirit.
          JC
          I do believe that it was on the Spirit that we met you and Mrs JC.

Looking forward to meeting up with you again on Boudicca next month. (plus a few others of course).
          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
            I do believe that it was on the Spirit that we met you and Mrs JC.

Looking forward to meeting up with you again on Boudicca next month. (plus a few others of course).
            Hi Jill
            Certainly was Jill,,,Round Britain cruise.May 2014.From Liverpool.

I remember another cruise that year in August on Spirit from Newcastle,,,the cruise was good but.....
            I only booked it 2 weeks before,and all that was left was 2 outside cabins on Deck 2,,,ours was right next to the door to the engine room,,never slept a wink all week,the noise from every compressor and pumg on the ship must have been behind that door.

I remember when we pulled out into the North Sea my wifes stomach came up to her mouth,,,the portholes went underwater,,,,then an Officer came round and said he had to close all the porthole covers in case a window broke,,,in effect we had a inside cabin for 2 days.

Never been on Spirit since.
            ps,Looking forward to Boudicca.
            JC

Comment

Hi all
              A photo,,,,the back deck on Thomson Spirit one mile out from Dubrovnik.
              Neil will be please to know that was at the fag shed,

JC

Comment

We were on that cruise too. I remember that we could not go to Galway due to the high winds and went to Belfast instead, where it chucked it down! Also, sadly, we had just docked in Belfast when I got the news that my Mum had died. Thomson's were wonderful and even offered to fly us home. We have since sailed on her another two times, and are really pleased that they are keeping her for another year.
                Last edited by Craven, Scarborough; 5th July 2017, 07:27 AM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by Craven, Scarborough View Post
                  We were on that cruise too. I remember that we could not go to Galway due to the high winds and went to Belfast instead, where it chucked it down! Also, sadly, we had just docked in Belfast when I got the news that my Mum had died. Thomson's were wonderful and even offered to fly us home. We have since sailed on her another two times, and are really pleased that they are keeping her for another year.
                  I remember the diversion well. There was a lot of disappointment amongst the passengers but the weather was pretty awful when the Captain decided to avoid the west coast of Ireland.

As we had visited Belfast a few times, we took a ships's excursion to the Giant's Causeway. It rained all the way there but the sun came out on the way back.

Jill

Comment

We were on Spirit many years ago, and I can't remember much about it; we're booked to do the Fjords in November, so it's time to start doing homework. It has probably changed over the years, so any up to date information will be appreciated

We have been on Emerald, Celebration and Destiny, but they were all before 2006, I think. Mariers2

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X