• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xmas in Dubai with Thomsons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
    We are sailing from Barcelona to Dubai in a couple of weeks time on Explorer of the Seas calling at Ashdod and Jordan before going through the Suez canal. Dubai is not always reliable for winter sun as we found out when we stayed there in February on our way back from India. It was colder than usual following sandstorm which closed the airport. I do like Dubai, especially the old part around the creek with the souks and historic houses.
    I arrived in Dubai after a repo cruise from Europe via Suez and it rained and the cars could not cope with excess water on the roads.

The older area around the creek is interesting.

The rest - the jury is out.

It is alleged that Dubai could be affected by the Chinese slowdown.

Annie

Comment

If doing Dubai,book on board the cruise ship for the Burj Khalifa tour.The ships have priority access for the highest (so far)man made tower and viewpoint on the 124th floor.You can see the old QE2 still in the dockyard!

Comment

Originally posted by Retired, Sheffield View Post
        If doing Dubai,book on board the cruise ship for the Burj Khalifa tour.The ships have priority access for the highest (so far)man made tower and viewpoint on the 124th floor.You can see the old QE2 still in the dockyard!
        You can see the QE2 as you sail into Dubai and more so close up if you take the ferry from Marina Bay to the old souk creek area..

Comment

Originally posted by Retired, Sheffield View Post
          On line tickets to level 148 why settle for 124?

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
            Hi all
            Received an e mail today,,,,,how about spending Xmas in Dubai.......

• We're excited to announce thatThomson Celebration will be sailing from her new homeport of Dubai for the first time next winter.

With 13 million tourists visiting in 2014, Dubai’s popularity is soaring. It’s the perfect starting point for you to experience two brand new itineraries from December 2016.

From sweeping dunes to intricate architecture, expect a jaw-dropping adventure in the futuristic city of Dubai. Our new homeport is on sale from November 2015.

Are you coming Harvey?

JC
            I would maybe consider it JC if they would only have the courtesy to reply to my last letter. Until then they are still on my "wouldn't touch them with a bargepole" list. Dreadful company.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X