• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xmas in Dubai with Thomsons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas in Dubai with Thomsons

Hi all
    Received an e mail today,,,,,how about spending Xmas in Dubai.......

• We're excited to announce thatThomson Celebration will be sailing from her new homeport of Dubai for the first time next winter.

With 13 million tourists visiting in 2014, Dubai’s popularity is soaring. It’s the perfect starting point for you to experience two brand new itineraries from December 2016.

From sweeping dunes to intricate architecture, expect a jaw-dropping adventure in the futuristic city of Dubai. Our new homeport is on sale from November 2015.

Are you coming Harvey?

JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

I'm game JC............Any price news yet?..............Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Besides the usual Gulf ports, it is also calling to Bahrain and Doha, Qatar.

Comment

Seen deals on flights, means all cruise lines in Dubai are worth a look.

Job for tomorrow

been after a Suez relocation deal for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
          I'm game JC............Any price news yet?..............Wilba
          The cruises go on sale in Nov 2015.

Annie

Comment

Looks like Dubai will threaten the Caribbean for winter sunshine? At least for people living this side of the pond?

How long is the flight time to Dubai ? as we were looking at a Celebrity Cruise and flight package put together by one agent....Taffy
            ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
              Looks like Dubai will threaten the Caribbean for winter sunshine? At least for people living this side of the pond?

How long is the flight time to Dubai ? as we were looking at a Celebrity Cruise and flight package put together by one agent....Taffy
              Hi Taffy

I think you are correct - for many Europeans easier access than the Caribbean. Your choice - islands or shops.

Glasgow Dubai direct is 7hrs 20min

JMO Dubai is more boring than the Caribbean. I wouldn't run back to either. Dubai does have an interesting skyline. It has what I would describe as an adult Disneyworld feel about it.

However lots of Mosque and shops

Very good metro but huge distances between the various 'cities'.

Annie
              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 22nd September 2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

There are some really cheap flight if you don't mind stopovers or catch a sale

Direct flights LON are 7-8hr compare to Miami/Barbados 9hr

Some of the cruises are good value and the transits from the Med are nearly as cheap as Transatlantic but have ports.
                If the number of ships increase they will stay cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  Hi Taffy

I think you are correct - for many Europeans easier access than the Caribbean. Your choice - islands or shops.

Glasgow Dubai direct is 7hrs 20min

JMO Dubai is more boring than the Caribbean. I wouldn't run back to either. Dubai does have an interesting skyline. It has what I would describe as an adult Disneyworld feel about it.

However lots of Mosque and shops

Very good metro but huge distances between the various 'cities'.

Annie
                  Thanks for that info Annie,
                  It would be a bit shorter from Manchester but still a long flight .
                  As we have never been there I would keep an open mind regarding it as a destination I would chose twice....Taffy
                  ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                    Thanks for that info Annie,
                    It would be a bit shorter from Manchester but still a long flight .
                    As we have never been there I would keep an open mind regarding it as a destination I would chose twice....Taffy
                    H Taffy

A repo cruise via Suez ending Dubai is another option. Azamara does that.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                      H Taffy

A repo cruise via Suez ending Dubai is another option. Azamara does that.

Annie
                      RCI, X, Costa, MSC, NCL, HAL, Princess, Cunard, Oceania, ACC, VOD...

all do repos through the canal.

Dubai itself it not that relavent if doing a cruise it's where it goes.

There are some stopover options on the flights that are potentially interesting but some are not winter destinations unless you like markets/skiing.

Comment

I'm not that enamoured of Dubai. I've been there and done it, and have no interest in doing it again, although happy to just pass through to emabark/disembark.

I've seen a reasonable solo deal for a round-trip cruise out of Dubai in January, but it hasn't tempted me. Probably because I am soon to take my third cruise of this leave year - a fourth would be too much! The only reason to book would be for some winter sun, not the itinerary.
                        2018-
                        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
                          I'm not that enamoured of Dubai. I've been there and done it, and have no interest in doing it again, although happy to just pass through to emabark/disembark.

I've seen a reasonable solo deal for a round-trip cruise out of Dubai in January, but it hasn't tempted me. Probably because I am soon to take my third cruise of this leave year - a fourth would be too much! The only reason to book would be for some winter sun, not the itinerary.
                          I agree completely.

The only reason the cruise lines are offering reasonable solo deals is and JMO the region is not an interesting cruising area and they cannot fill the ship.

Annie

Comment

Dubai is nothing like the Caribbean and really should not be even compared to it. I must be one of the few people who actually love Dubai, I have been numerous times as it is as easy for me to fly there from Cyprus as it is to fly to the UK. Same flying time from here around
                            4 -30 hours or slightly less. Eight hours from the UK.
                            It is a different culture and there is a lot to see if you do your research. Not all sand and tall buildings but it certainly has the wow factor Abu Dhabi is not too far away as is Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi has the best mosque in the world. Dubai is a great location for picking up a cruise and sailing on to the Oman ( a fantastic country)and other very interesting countries in the region and, of course, the Suez canal. There is a lot to be said for doing a cruise from Dubai if you want to see more of the world and different places then bog standard Islands. The UAE is a class act and one not to missed.

Comment

We are sailing from Barcelona to Dubai in a couple of weeks time on Explorer of the Seas calling at Ashdod and Jordan before going through the Suez canal. Dubai is not always reliable for winter sun as we found out when we stayed there in February on our way back from India. It was colder than usual following sandstorm which closed the airport. I do like Dubai, especially the old part around the creek with the souks and historic houses.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X