• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomson 2016.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomson 2016.

Hi all
    Received an E mail last week with preview for 2016 cruises.They go on sale this Thursday i believe.
    I was particularly interested in the newly acquired Thomson Discovery (ex Splendour of the Seas).
    She is home porting in Palma for next summer,,,,sailing the usual West Med itineraries

But,the prices look expensive,even with the 'free' A\I.
    Here is a screen shot for one cruise,,,,,for an Inside cabin Deck 2\3,,,,god knows how much the Balconies will cost.

2016 Thomson cruises go on sale on 23rd April.

There is a few i fancy for 2016 from Malaga on Spirit next year,,,it would be Cruise only,,,,and a few days on the Costa del Sol.

There is also some good looking itineraries out of Dubrovnik,,,,where the heck is Igoumenitsa in Greece?
    They are also doing some overnights in Dubrovnik,,,,,and late night (23:00) departures from the likes of Barcelona,Ibiza Town or Koper.,,,all look promising,something different.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Hi JC

Thomson has always been too expensive for me

Igoumenitsa, Greece - Lonely Planet

Annie

Comment

It does seem a bit pricey to me also,Will wait and see i think. Jan.

Comment

Falshaw, misleading advertising.

Cruise.co.uk sent an advertising flyer several pages long stating ALL 2016 THOMSON cruises were now All inclusive. The only condition stated was booking by April 30th. I tried to book a 2week cruise for Cuba on The Dream in January 2016. HOWEVER suddenly the terms changed. Cruise.co now say the advert meant Summer 2016 and the huge advertisement was a marketing error. They refused to accept the mistake was their's!!!!
        3 days later the advert remained exactly the same. Did anyone else experience this?
        P.S. Went elsewhere and booked it cheaper!!!

Comment

The prices are high looking at the 14 night cruise.
          Got a deal with Celebrity for 14 nights in 2016 including a drink and tips paid for about £350 less than in the advert...Taffy
          ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
            The prices are high looking at the 14 night cruise.
            Got a deal with Celebrity for 14 nights in 2016 including a drink and tips paid for about £350 less than in the advert...Taffy
            Hi Taffy.
            And don't forget that's for the cheapest cabin,,,,,,wait until you see the balcony cabin prices.
            I only book Thomson last minute,and i have stopped buying the A\I,,,,you used to get decent branded spirits,now its all rotgut house stuff the same as you get you get in Spanish hotels.

They are doing with the Discovery what they did with the Dream,,,,,putting a premium on the price.

Some prices on the Spirit out of Malaga,,,and Celebration in Eastern Med will come down,,,,,good itineraries too.

ps,I am on Eclipse in July and paid less than the price of Discovery in a balcony,,,,with tips paid,and a decent A/I choice,,,,,just left to see if atmosphere\entertainment are on a par with Thomson.

Off on Ventura on Saturday,,,see if i can find some faults to upset the P&O mafia. Spuds 'r' Us here we come!!!!
            JC
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Off on Ventura on Saturday,,,see if i can find some faults to upset the P&O mafia. Spuds 'r' Us here we come!!!!
              JC
              You're out of luck JC. They no longer come round with the spud bucket, or Silver Service as P&O liked it to be known as, you get your dinner on a plate like everyone else.........

I am waiting to see if any deals come up on the old Splendour though. I liked that ship...........Wilba
              Wilba

Comment

I suppose Thomson will discount Discovery out of season just as they do with the other ships, but at peak time Thomson are as expensive as quality lines, and in my view not good value for their kind of service, although I found that they had some good, points but more poor ones, I too would like to try Discovery as she is probably the best ship they have but £1779 for an inside cabin is more than an outside on many other ships, I'll wait and watch

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X