• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIP Seatng Charge for Theatre Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIP Seatng Charge for Theatre Shows

Hi All

How much would you pay for VIP seating to see Rock of Ages??

Royal Caribbean to charge USD 79 for the privilege which includes a cocktail and meet the cast.

Would you pay?

Annie

Annie, I would not but the cruise lines are striving to find more ways to relieve us of our money, they have to pay for these new ships and if they cant get the cabin prices they wold like then the passengers will be paying in other ways.

John

Comment

I wouldn't pay that, unless the cast included someone I desperately wanted to meet. I can't imagine that there would be anyone that interesting.

Is this something for new ships? All the seats in the theatres are the same, so if it's not like having the comfy seats in the cinema, there's little point.

As for the cocktail, I'd probably pick one up in happy hour anyway.
      2018-
      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I wouldn’t pay for this. I’d consider a small charge just for specific seating if all of the good seats were paid for (which based on the premise they presumaly would be). I have no interest in meeting the cast or getting a cocktail that my drinks package will otherwise pay for anyway.
        Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
          I wouldn't pay that, unless the cast included someone I desperately wanted to meet. I can't imagine that there would be anyone that interesting.

Is this something for new ships? All the seats in the theatres are the same, so if it's not like having the comfy seats in the cinema, there's little point.

As for the cocktail, I'd probably pick one up in happy hour anyway.
          According to the thread on cc, the answer is no. Liberty of the Seas which has Saturday Night Fever has now become chargeable.

Future cruisers only learned of it when they discovered their prior reservations for the complementary shows were cancelled. Not the smartest move.

Was it Malcolm who posted that come the day, we will be paying for the cabin and the rest would be chargeable??

And I thought NCL were the market leaders in nickel and Diming?

Annie

Comment

Cruise lines will continue to charge for extras a long as people are daft enough to pay. I certainly wouldn't pay for this show or any other. I started cruising because I felt that the standard package offered better quality and value for money than many land based holidays. I still think this is the case, but if ever it isn't I'll look elsewhere.

Comment

I expect entertainment to be included in the price of the cruise. I’m afraid that we would not be attending any show on a ship that incurred such a charge. They can go whistle!

Take care, Helen

Comment

That seems a bit steep for the normal theatre show? I thought Cirque du Soleil on Meraviglia was as much as I'd pay for additional entertainment onboard at £12 with a cocktail when booked shore side (not sure of onboard price)

Agree with Duncan - would not be interested in meeting the cast

Comment

Why would I pay to meet someone, whom I would have no idea who they are or what they do. I have no interest in meeting anyone I need to pay to meet. It 's like the Captains dinner or meet and greet,queue for a handshake, or whatever they call it. If I can't just meet someone and talk to them (e.g. at the bar) then sorry I am not bothered. It is their loss.................... and an uncomfortable seat for an hour or so would probably be ideal, it would stop my snoring upsetting them.

Comment

Cunard did, and may still charge for an exclusive night at the theatre you can book a box and get some Nibbles and Champagne for a charge? Free to watch for the rest of us.

I would think RCI have something similar in mind, free o see the show unless you want to pay for the extras....Taffy
                    ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                      That seems a bit steep for the normal theatre show? I thought Cirque du Soleil on Meraviglia was as much as I'd pay for additional entertainment onboard at £12 with a cocktail when booked shore side (not sure of onboard price)

Agree with Duncan - would not be interested in meeting the cast
                      Did you not meet the cast on the Epic?

Annie

Comment

That seems really over the top. We saw a Canadian production of Rock of Ages in good seats in a real theatre for $80 CAD, which is less than $79 US. We had to pay $8 for a cocktail. There were some well known members of the Canadian Theatre community in the cast and we didn't meet them, but that wasn't a problem. That production went on to tour North America.

To answer the original question, No I wouldn't pay to see a show on a cruise. Mind you, if I had little or no access to theatre at home my answer might be different.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                          Did you not meet the cast on the Epic?

Annie
                          I made the mistake of taking a Priscilla t-shirt and lots of other passengers thought I was in the cast!

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                            Cunard did, and may still charge for an exclusive night at the theatre you can book a box and get some Nibbles and Champagne for a charge? Free to watch for the rest of us.

I would think RCI have something similar in mind, free o see the show unless you want to pay for the extras....Taffy
                            Going forward that is fine. People have the facts and can opt to buy the extras.

However to cancel existing reservations in order to create a VIP area 3 days before sailing is a bit off.

Annie

Comment

No, no and thrice No!! I take it that price is pp and not per cabin. I can think of better things to spend my money on.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X