• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record Bookings across Royal Caribbean Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Principal Hotel York..just behind the Railway Museum.
    £75 for a junior suite per night Dinner Bed and Breakfast.
    Superbreak late deal.

Regards
    Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
      The Principal Hotel York..just behind the Railway Museum.
      £75 for a junior suite per night Dinner Bed and Breakfast.
      Superbreak late deal.

Regards
      Garfield
      Hi Garfie

I found lots of deals but I am ass-u-ming it was a last minute booking on a bh weekend.

Annie

Comment

It was about 10 days to 2 weeks before the stay date, appreciate bank hols are always more expensive

Comment

I think windowless rooms or cabins may affect some guests psychologically. We never have any problems with such rooms or cabins as we view such rooms as just a place for a good shower and sleep.

Comment

Agree. I'm claustrophobic which is why I couldn't bear an inside cabin. I also can't bear a middle seat on an aircraft. Have to have an aisle or window. Completely illogical, I know, but that's the way it is.
            Originally posted by antalismy, UK View Post
            I think windowless rooms or cabins may affect some guests psychologically. We never have any problems with such rooms or cabins as we view such rooms as just a place for a good shower and sleep.

Comment

Now back in the land of a proper computer with a big screen time to look at the results behind the headlines

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. | Press Releases

from that a couple of snips.

Bookings, overall, are not materially different, with strength in Europe offsetting the impact of Korea;

Net Yields were up 6.0% on a Constant-Currency basis and 5.9% As-Reported.
              Net Cruise Costs ("NCC") excluding fuel per APCD decreased 4.4% on a Constant-Currency basis (down 4.9% As-Reported).

Strong close-in demand for the Caribbean drove the majority of the outperformance versus guidance.

Capacity changes for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 are expected to be -1.9%, 3.1%, 6.8%, 3.9% and 7.9%, respectively.

NCC excluding fuel are expected to be down approximately 2.0% on a Constant-Currency basis. The absence of new ship launches and fewer drydock expenses are driving a reduction in costs relative to the prior year.

Now with multi $billion companies it is often just big scary numbers....

some data is a bit easier to picture for the average Jane & Joe what does it look like "per person per day"

When looking at the detail YonY

Available passenger days(+3%) and occupancy(+2.2%) were much of the drive for increased revenue.
              Available is 2 per cabin but ships run at higher occupancy Q2017 was 107.3%.

pppd revenue went up 1.6%, the results use available days 3.75%
              pppd costs went down 6.2% the results use available days which is 4.2%

rounding the numbers($1) on pppd basis revenue $202 costs $150. (2016 R:$199 C:$160)

They increased the operating margins by $12pppd but $10 of that was cost reduction.

Where have those $10 pppd cost savings come from?

The big players in the change(some went up a bit others down a bit) were
              $2.49 was external costs like commissions and transport(flights/transfer) etc.
              $1.89 was a reduction in payroll.
              $0.41 was a reduction in food
              $5.22 was the catch all "other".

one indicator of forward bookings is the amount held on the balance sheet for deposits as this is a liability until the people cruise, this varies through the year as there is a booking cycle the high is normally in Q2.

change(up) in the quarter was nearly double last years change and the total on deposit is up 17%($340m) over last years number.
              if this follows through into Q2 then that can be a indicator of more confidence from customers.

Q4 16 was up 12.8% on Q4 15 Q4 is normally the low point but in 2016 it was flat with Q3 a strong indicator of bookings.

My summary,

If UK people are seeing massive price rises on the RCCL brands then somewhere people are picking up bargains as these UK price rises are not reflected in the bottom line pppd.
              Last edited by Topdeck, London; 10th May 2017, 06:53 AM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X