• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record Bookings across Royal Caribbean Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Bookings across Royal Caribbean Group

Hi All

From Travel Weekly:

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...all-its-brands

Downside will be less discounts??

Annie

Discounts seem to have been few and far between as it is!
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I wonder if this applies to the UK market too. Was hoping to book a summer cruise, but refuse to pay the prices.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
        I wonder if this applies to the UK market too. Was hoping to book a summer cruise, but refuse to pay the prices.
        I think that quite a few people are with you. I guess that the weak £ will attract overseas visitors to cruise on ships leaving the UK. I know some US friends who have booked P&O cruises. I don't normally encounter many non UK residents sailing P&O

Comment

The transatlantic cruises did not drop in price as much this year a good indicator people are paying more.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
            Discounts seem to have been few and far between as it is!
            Was it Bayley who promised less last minute discounting??

However, this may deter US bookings:

US government warns American travellers of terror threat in UK

Annie
            Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 2nd May 2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Have you costed the alternatives??

Annie

Comment

Not sure what alternatives you mean. Plenty of land based holidays in quality hotels for much less than the cost of a cruise.Admittedly, if you're prepared to be accommodated in a windowless box, there are some reasonable prices around. Personally, I wouldn't stay in a windowless hotel room, so don't see why I would want to stay in a windowless ship's cabin. Everything you buy has a point at which the price is more than you're prepared to pay, and cruising seems to have reached that point now.
                Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                Have you costed the alternatives??

Annie

Comment

Not sure what alternatives you mean. Plenty of land based holidays in quality hotels for much less than the cost of a cruise.Admittedly, if you're prepared to be accommodated in a windowless box, there are some reasonable prices around. Personally, I wouldn't stay in a windowless hotel room, so don't see why I would want to stay in a windowless ship's cabin. Everything you buy has a point at which the price is more than you're prepared to pay, and cruising seems to have reached that point now.
                  I work on a value principal.

I have been shocked recently at how much some hotels in the UK charge.

TBH my cruising days are numbered.

Annie

PS I did stay recently in a windowless room in Christchurch NZ for 2 nights. The room and the hotel were fabulous.
                  Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 2nd May 2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I work on a value principal.

I have been shocked recently at how much some hotels in the UK charge.

TBH my cruising days are numbered.

Annie

PS I did stay recently in a windowless room in Christchurch NZ for 2 nights. The room and the hotel were fabulous.
                    Stayed in a hotel in York this weekend for one night, £150 room only. We could get a cruise only MSC balcony cabin for £75 per person per night if we look at different itineraries. This was supposedly a boutique hotel but it had threadbare carpets and curling wallpaper. We used to do quite a few 'cheeky weekenders' in the UK - it's cheaper to cruise when you want to have a nice meal or two and a few drinks every day

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                      Stayed in a hotel in York this weekend for one night, £150 room only. We could get a cruise only MSC balcony cabin for £75 per person per night if we look at different itineraries. This was supposedly a boutique hotel but it had threadbare carpets and curling wallpaper. We used to do quite a few 'cheeky weekenders' in the UK - it's cheaper to cruise when you want to have a nice meal or two and a few drinks every day
                      Define 'nice meal' Also not everybody drinks - there are quite a few non-drinkers on this forum

There are some tourist hot spots in the UK where hoteliers charge what they like as long as someone is stupid enough to pay it.

Annie

Comment

Define 'nice meal' Also not everybody drinks - there are quite a few non-drinkers on this forum

There are some tourist hot spots in the UK where hoteliers charge what they like as long as someone is stupid enough to pay it.

Annie
                        Well a lunchthime sandwich, a mixed grill at night time in a pretty average pub and a hotel breakfast on top of the room only rate meant we had paid more than we would have paid for a night on MSC, even taking in to account that we would add a drinks package on top so that can be taken out of the equation.

The room rate was comparative to other hotels so didn't pay over the odds, and it was a way to get to see the things in York that we wanted to as I've not visited before.

Comment

Whilst I agree that ,like cruising, UK hotels have generally bumped up their prices to silly levels, there are still some incredible deals if you think outside the box. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Cannock on Sunday night for only £67.50 Dinner Bed and Breakfast for 2.

The evening meal was three courses from the standard menu, with a £3 drinks voucher included - making a bottle of house red only £10.95

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by toshtosh, Guiseley View Post
                            Whilst I agree that ,like cruising, UK hotels have generally bumped up their prices to silly levels, there are still some incredible deals if you think outside the box. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Cannock on Sunday night for only £67.50 Dinner Bed and Breakfast for 2.

The evening meal was three courses from the standard menu, with a £3 drinks voucher included - making a bottle of house red only £10.95

Cheers

Tony B
                            I know Tony - good fun spotting these deals isn't it

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                              Well a lunchthime sandwich, a mixed grill at night time in a pretty average pub and a hotel breakfast on top of the room only rate meant we had paid more than we would have paid for a night on MSC, even taking in to account that we would add a drinks package on top so that can be taken out of the equation.

The room rate was comparative to other hotels so didn't pay over the odds, and it was a way to get to see the things in York that we wanted to as I've not visited before.
                              York is prime territory for maxing the money from the tourist - has been for at least 30 years!

Of course it was Bank Holiday weekend and if it was a last minute booking.............

Annie

PS I have never ever paid close to £150 for a hotel room in York.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X