• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 - No Independence of Seas ex UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 - No Independence of Seas ex UK

Hi All

Picked this up from cc:

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/4074/

Annie

SHould read here first.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...s-independence

Comment

It does say on Cruise critic that Explorer will be based in Southampton next year, did I read that right if so I am happy with that

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        Oops

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Start, OXTED View Post
          It does say on Cruise critic that Explorer will be based in Southampton next year, did I read that right if so I am happy with that
          I have just checked the Royal Caribbean website and Explorer of the Seas has Rome listed as the departure port.

Annie

Comment

Yes you are right I also checked the RCI website and it does say Explorer will be in Rome, do you think this means there will only be one ship from RCI sailing from Southampton in the future?

Comment

Yes you are right I also checked the RCI website and it does say Explorer will be in Rome, do you think this means there will only be one ship from RCI sailing from Southampton in the future?
              Who knows??

RCI will move the ships to areas that make them the most money.

Annie

Comment

It wouldn’t surprise me. Nothing would surprise me with Royal. I’m sure the bean counters will be watching to see how many of the cancelled pax have swapped to anthem and if there’s a massive hit they’ll bring something else.

its about time we had an Oasis class lol

Comment

Looks like that will be it for me with RCI after next week on the Explorer ! As we have reached diamond level would this be transfered to Celebrity if we sailed with them ?

Comment

Looks like that will be it for me with RCI after next week on the Explorer ! As we have reached diamond level would this be transfered to Celebrity if we sailed with them ?
                    I think you would have elite status on Celebrity. If I am incorrect, someone will post.

Annie

Comment

That thread is not visible to me at all times.

It is only visible after I log in. Strange.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I think you would have elite status on Celebrity. If I am incorrect, someone will post.

Annie
                        We are 7 nights from reaching roaming on RCI. I had forgotton it will apply to Celebrity as well. Is it just these 2 lines?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post

We are 7 nights from reaching roaming on RCI. I had forgotton it will apply to Celebrity as well. Is it just these 2 lines?
                          Hi ILS

Senior moment - what is 'roaming on RCI' ??

The three RCI group cruise lines Azamara, Celebrity and Royal, I understand, have status links. I do not know all the rules.

Annie

Comment

RCI cruises do not carry over to Azamara.
                            Celebrity cruises do count
                            That was the last time I checked.

Comment

RCI cruises do not carry over to Azamara.
                              Celebrity cruises do count
                              That was the last time I checked.
                              You are still correct Topdeck. Only Celebrity cruises count towards Le Vlub Voyage loyalty levels on Azamara.
                              Elite on Celebrity will be Discoverer on Azamara and Elite Plus will be Discoverer Plus.

Comment

• Reviewer, Brecon
                                Reviewer, Brecon commented
                                Editing a comment
                                We're currently on the Indy, day 9 of 14. We booked this cruise while on the repositioning cruise this time last year, on the Navigator. We have a Balcony cabin on deck 7 (7636) which is in the bulge along the port side. Last year we paid £2, 054.00 for two and $500.00 OBC, cruise only, direct with RCCL. We enquired about booking this same cabin for next year three days ago and was quoted £3,592.00 with $300.00 a massive increase. The "Next Cruise" agent said that the cruise was so popular that they have increased the prices. Today we were told that the only repositioning cruise to Southampton next year would be the Anthem leaving from New Jersey, for which we were quoted £2,045.00 for two. Next year is RC's 50th Birthday!

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X