• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6th Oasis Class Ship Ordered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    6th Oasis Class Ship Ordered

    Hi All

    From Seatrade News:

    http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/...lass-ship.html

    Another ship I won't be sailing

    Annie

    #2
    I know that mega-ships are not everybody's cup of tea, but the Oasis class is truly amazing. They have no competition.

    They are also significantly bigger than some of the new ship that will carry 5,000 passengers.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

    Comment


      #3
      If only Royal would bring an Oasis class to Southampton

      Comment


        #4
        I'd love to sail on them, and after Iona I shall make a conscious effort to get on board, so I can see the difference. The RCL Oasis class ships certainly look like they pack the WOW, while from what I've seen of Iona so far, she looks very tame in comparison! .................................................. .................Carol

        Comment


          #5
          Not for me. Just too big and too many people.

          Comment


            #6
            Where are all the people coming from who will fill all these new ships?

            Comment


              #7
              Fantastic ships .
              Our b2b on Oasis was memorable for many reasons.
              I'd go back for another cruise in a heartbeat.
              Regards
              Garfield

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                Where are all the people coming from who will fill all these new ships?
                Holiday market penetration by cruising is low(4%,11% package) the people are there they just have to convince them to cruise.

                UK market has been fairly consistent with around 30% new to cruising each year for a few years now.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                  I'd love to sail on them, and after Iona I shall make a conscious effort to get on board, so I can see the difference. The RCL Oasis class ships certainly look like they pack the WOW, while from what I've seen of Iona so far, she looks very tame in comparison! .................................................. .................Carol
                  I don’t see why Annie has an issue with large ships 🤔 - Symphony was outstanding in terms of wow factor and entertainment. Without doubt the best ship we’ve been on in the RCI fleet. Definitely don’t knock it until you’ve tried it

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

                    I don’t see why Annie has an issue with large ships 🤔 - Symphony was outstanding in terms of wow factor and entertainment. Without doubt the best ship we’ve been on in the RCI fleet. Definitely don’t knock it until you’ve tried it
                    I am not comfortable with disembarking at a POC with a passenger list in excess of 2000.

                    Royal Caribbean couldn't handle disembarking passengers at Lerwick and that was only 2000. To be fair they disembarked some off-duty crew ahead of paying passengers. I do not rebook with a company who puts staff ahead of passengers.

                    Been there done that.

                    You enjoy your mega ships and I will enjoy my smaller ships

                    Each to their own

                    Annie

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                      I am not comfortable with disembarking at a POC with a passenger list in excess of 2000.

                      Royal Caribbean couldn't handle disembarking passengers at Lerwick and that was only 2000. To be fair they disembarked some off-duty crew ahead of paying passengers. I do not rebook with a company who puts staff ahead of passengers.

                      Been there done that.

                      You enjoy your mega ships and I will enjoy my smaller ships

                      Each to their own

                      Annie
                      I actually enjoy the smaller ships too Annie - variety is the spice of life.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

                        I actually enjoy the smaller ships too Annie - variety is the spice of life.
                        Good for you but I can't afford Royal Caribbean in today's market.

                        Annie

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                          Not for me. Just too big and too many people.
                          Same here.

                          Comment


                          We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.


                          By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

                          Working...
                          X