• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence of the seas day 3 and 4-Having fun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence of the seas day 3 and 4-Having fun

Day 3- Bruges. This morning got up and had breakfast,struggled to get a free table in the buffet,but there you go. I went and got myshuttle bus ticket to take me to Blackenberge. Got the shuttle and off we go,I’m in Blackenberge and it’s cloudy and quiet cold, but I didn’t expect it tobe any different, I am not in the Med now. I went to buy the train ticket toBruges, stood in the small queue and by the time I got my ticket, the traincame and within 15 minutes I was in Bruges. Bruges didn’t disappoint as usual,buzzing with tourists walking around. I went round a few shops before decidingwhich chocolate shop I am going to spend my money, finally bought a box of 1kgof assorted chocolates to take back home and also didn’t forget my 2 littleones and bought them a chocolate lolly each. Then when I got a bit tiredwalking around I walked a bit longer to find the perfect place to sit down fora coffee and a Belgian waffle. Everywhere was busy as it was lunchtime andfinally I noticed this little café that had some free tables, got in andordered a latte and a chocolate waffle, 5 euros, not bad, although aftertasting the coffee I realised why. I started then to head back to the train asit was late afternoon and at the train station there were hundreds of cruisetravellers waiting for the train back to Blackenberge and I thought to myself,am I going to get a seat? But a double decker train came and had ample spacefor everyone. I got back to the ship around 4 o’clock , had a bit of rest beforegetting ready for the evening entertainment which tonight was a show calledOnce Upon A Time. The theatre was full and the show was amazing even though Ifell asleep here and there as the tiredness was showing after Bruges. After theshow I met up with the group and we headed to Chops Grill which was thehighlight of the day, what an excellent cuisine! Everyone had the fillet mignonwhich was amazing. I will recommend to anyone-try this! After dinner we headedto the night club for a bit of dancing –tomorrow we’re going to have a busy dayagain!
    Day 4- Got upthis morning a bit late after a late night, and went for the A La Cartebreakfast which was very nice, no need to look for a table and all the rest.After breakfast we went to the seminar that started at 10 am and had a busymorning working in groups. We had a few crew members who came down for a talksuch as the cruise director and others and they gave us some interesting insideinformation about the cruise operation. Later in the afternoon we all went towatch the Ice skating show which was great though we have seen it on the firstevening on day 1. We also had a tour of Ocean adventure which is the kids clubarea, also very interesting.Finally now in the cabin ,got about an hour to getready for the evening show which is a comedian, followed by the evening mealand I think this evening I am going to bed early, tomorrow is disembarkationand may be a bit chaotic.
    Tamir Noam - Cruise Consultant

E-mail: tamirn@cruise.co.uk
    Tel: 0800 408 6123
    Blog: http://tamirstravels.co.uk/

Cleaned it up so others can read it.

Day 3- Bruges. This morning got up and had breakfast,struggled to get a free table in the buffet,but there you go. I went and got my shuttle bus ticket to take me to . Got the shuttle and off we go blankenberge, I’am in blankenberge and it’s cloudy and quiet cold, but I didn't expect it to be any different, I am not in the Med now.

I went to buy the train ticket to Bruges, stood in the small queue and by the time I got my ticket, the train came and within 15 minutes I was in Bruges. Bruges didn't disappoint as usual,buzzing with tourists walking around. I went round a few shops before deciding which chocolate shop I am going to spend my money, finally bought a box of 1 kg of assorted chocolates to take back home and also didn't forget my 2 little ones and bought them a chocolate lolly each.

Then when I got a bit tired walking around I walked a bit longer to find the perfect place to sit down fora coffee and a Belgian waffle. Everywhere was busy as it was lunchtime and finally I noticed this little café that had some free tables, got in and ordered a latte and a chocolate waffle, 5 euros, not bad, although after tasting the coffee I realised why.

I started then to head back to the train as it was late afternoon and at the train station there were hundreds of cruise travellers waiting for the train back to blankenberge and I thought to myself,am I going to get a seat? But a double decker train came and had ample space for everyone. I got back to the ship around 4 o'clock , had a bit of rest before getting ready for the evening entertainment which tonight was a show called Once Upon A Time.

The theatre was full and the show was amazing even though I fell asleep here and there as the tiredness was showing after Bruges. After the show I met up with the group and we headed to Chops Grill which was the highlight of the day, what an excellent cuisine! Everyone had the fillet Mignon which was amazing. I will recommend to anyone-try this! After dinner we headed to the night club for a bit of dancing –tomorrow we’re going to have a busy day again!
    Day 4- Got up this morning a bit late after a late night, and went for the AlaCarte breakfast which was very nice, no need to look for a table and all the rest.After breakfast we went to the seminar that started at 10 am and had a busy morning working in groups. We had a few crew members who came down for a talk such as the cruise director and others and they gave us some interesting inside information about the cruise operation.

Later in the afternoon we all went to watch the Ice skating show which was great though we have seen it on the first evening on day 1. We also had a tour of Ocean adventure which is the kids club area, also very interesting.Finally now in the cabin ,got about an hour to get ready for the evening show which is a comedian, followed by the evening meal and I think this evening I am going to bed early, tomorrow is disembarkation may be a bit chaotic.
    ]

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X