• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence Of The Seas Day 3, A Scare Fest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Of The Seas Day 3, A Scare Fest

Day 3 – A Scare Fest
    Independence docked in Zebrugger this morning as I started my day with 10 laps around the running track, working of yesterday’s feast in Johnny Rockets and the Captain’s welcome night. I didn’t adventure ashore as I have been to Bruges before, a beautiful medieval city that has world heritage status, if you haven’t been before it’s well worth it, especially if you like chocolate, probably the best in the world.
    Task of the day was to experience the climbing wall and Flowrider, firstly I have decided to leave the Flowrider to the kids, it looked great fun watching them for a while today, seeing the joy on the kids’ faces when they get the hang of it is fantastic, if you are thinking of a family cruise from Southampton you have to consider this ship having seen other family ships, Independence comes tops for things to do for children with Adventure Ocean that caters for all kids groups, there is even a daily program printed called the Kids Compass, a parents bible for the cruise
    The climbing wall was still on my to do list, so I ventured up to the wall shortly after it opened, took one look and my legs turned to jelly, which didn’t surprise me, height and me do not do well, so for me to do this is well scary, soldiering on I signed up, signed the waiver in case I broke my neck and stepped up to the plate as you say, now I think I did well, I got up off the ground to about 6’ slipped but managed to stabilised, but my nerves where gone and I came down, I am still glad I gave it a go, at least I have experienced it.
    Bit of a moan here from a personal point of view, this ship is not for people who want peace and quiet, I have desperately tried to find a quiet corner to read, but could I find one, nope, music is constantly piped around the ship, not quiet relaxing music but loud boom boom music, very frustrating. I am surprised to learn there are no areas on the ship like the Oasis on P and O or Sanctuary on Princess, a place for grumpy old ******s like me to chill out, any suggestions people ?
    Great show tonight, ‘Once Upon A Time’ a great take on famous fairy tales, visually stunning, great vocals and production to rival any Broadway or West End show, a lot of cruise lines rate their shows to those standards, in my experience few can manage it, perhaps NCL, Royal Caribbean have nailed it with this show. Busy night all round really with a scary Halloween parade down the Promenade and one of the funniest things I have seen in a while, a game show called the quest, it ended with grown men in their underpants in high heels and a bra, hilarious and very scary
    Feeling very well fed yet again, a meal in The Chops Grill tonight, an American style steak house, the food was outstanding, a speciality restaurant, $30 a head and worth every penny, to start a roast duck salad with an orange sauce, followed by a mushroom soup to die for and mains a 10oz fillet Mignon, it doesn’t get better than this. Looks like another 10 laps in the morning.
    I have worked on many cruise ships, so for inside information or questions, please call me on 0800 408 6147 or email me at simonk@cruise.co.uk.

You can also visit my blog at

Have you tried the Library, one place that's pretty quiet...?

Comment

Great meal in Chops but boy is there a lots of meat ,we loved the Fillet Mignon ,plenty big enough we had ours butterflied and cooked well done .I watched one old Lady eat the biggest T bone I have ever seen in there over 20oz I would think it hung off the plate..
      We did try Quest as you say great fun My wife surprised me by getting her bra off and giving it to another man to wear...Taffy
      ​Taffy

Comment

LOL, it was great fun
        I have worked on many cruise ships, so for inside information or questions, please call me on 0800 408 6147 or email me at simonk@cruise.co.uk.

Comment

Yes, normally I think that would be a quiet place, but the ship was jam packed which equates to lots of people walking through. I am sure I will find it better on a longer cruise, out of school holidays

Comment

I have been on the same cruise. My 3rd time on Indy.

Olive or Twist was quite a nice spot in the day....

I alas, was a bit disappointed, a lot of cutbacks since our last trip 2 years ago. What is with that horrible cheap soap and shampoo? no conditioner/shower gel or body lotion. I really missed a dressing gown and slippers (forgot they didn't provide them). The kids like this ship, lots of entertainment for them. But personally, give me a Queen or Eclipse any day....

We were lucky with the weather though, considering the time of year and did have a lovely break.
            P&O Artemis/Oceana/Aurora/Azura/Britannia
            RCI - Independence/Anthem/Ovation of the Seas
            Celebrity Eclipse
            Cunard QM2/QE/QV
            Royal Princess/Caribbean Princess

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X