• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 nights Taster cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 nights Taster cruise

.Day 1- Arrived at Southampton after a long rail journey to find a massive queue at the dock and it took me about an hour to go thorough just to realise that it was the queue for the screening and that I have not made it yet to the check in! anyway when I got to the check in desk I realised why there was a massive queue as they were only 10-15 check in clerks and when a large ship such as this is sailing I think they should have a few more!

So got my passport out, where is your paperwork? No paperwork, I only had my passport but the lady smiled and checked me in with no tickets whatsoever,just to show that you don’t need anything apart from ID. Finally on the ship I went as you do right away to have lunch at the Windjammer buffet thinking I will struggle to find a table but to my surprise there were plenty of tables and space was ample, maybe most people already had lunch?

I met Simon and toured the ship admiring the facilities and also agreed the ship does not look tired and it’s a beautiful ship, we loved it. Later on we met Sharon, the RCI sales rep , had a couple of drinks and then off to Romeo & Juliet for second seating dinner. The food and service were superb and better than my previous Royal Caribbean cruise so they must have improved! After dinner we headed to the Royal Promenade to watch the Seventies party and the parade, a lot of people participated and joined in and that was a lot of fun. I didn't stay out too late as we had to meet early the next morning, well earlyish so off to bed for a good night sleep in my inside cabin which is quiet nice and adequate.

Day 2- I got up and had a nice breakfast at the Windjammer, again not busy at all and plenty of tables available around. Went to the conference room to meet with Sharon and David again for half a day seminar, that was a lot of fun as we worked in groups and had to do a little presentation, I enjoyed it! After the seminar we went for lunch at Johnny Rockets which was a good experience that I will recommend to anyone, the burger was delicious and thee atmosphere is great, the waiters were even dancing to music and entertaining the guests.

After lunch we went to explore the ship from top to bottom, it is a huge ship and there is plenty to explore.Later on we met at the champagne bar for a drink followed by the meal again at the Romeo & Juliet at the same table which was great again. After dinner we managed to get up a bit heavier and head for the late show which was a comedy presented by Mike Doyle who is hilarious, not seen him before but he kept the audience interested and gave a great show.It was bed time again for me after the show for a good night sleep in the comfortable cabin
    Last edited by James, Cruise.co.uk; 1st November 2013, 08:50 AM.
    Tamir Noam - Cruise Consultant

E-mail: tamirn@cruise.co.uk
    Tel: 0800 408 6123
    Blog: http://tamirstravels.co.uk/

And the name of the ship you are on is ?? or did I miss it

Comment

I was going to ask the same question myself Trevor.

I'm all for these Blogs but I really do think there should be far more attention to detail.

Comment

Yes detail IS important and we've had some less than detailed reports [and some very good ones], but this is his first post so give him a break.

He's obviously on Indy as he's mentioned Simon.

Comment

Oh I see. Remiss of me not to deduce that. So we now have four Blogs by CD people running at the same time.

Welcome to the forum Tamir but beware you can't just import text from MS Word as the punctuation doesn't work on here for some reason mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            Yes detail IS important and we've had some less than detailed reports [and some very good ones], but this is his first post so give him a break.

He's obviously on Indy as he's mentioned Simon.
            Sorry it wasnt obvious to me Mrs M as I had only picked up this blog first as I was working my way through the Todays post list. Now I can see the other posts yes - its Independence. But surely a crucial piece of info.

I must have my headmistress hat on today, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
              Oh I see. Remiss of me not to deduce that. So we now have four Blogs by CD people running at the same time.

Welcome to the forum Tamir but beware you can't just import text from MS Word as the punctuation doesn't work on here for some reason mate.
              If they are on a 'seminar cruise', I guess it makes sense for them to blog whilst aboard.

The more slants on the various ships, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                Sorry it wasnt obvious to me Mrs M as I had only picked up this blog first as I was working my way through the Todays post list. Now I can see the other posts yes - its Independence. But surely a crucial piece of info.

I must have my headmistress hat on today, sorry!
                Yes it does help a tad to name the ship when blogging or giving a review, but as it's his very first post...

Comment

Well I hope he's still smiling, he's got a nice friendly face.

Comment

Independence Of the Seas, i have cleaned up the post & reposted it as it was was unreadable

.Day 1- Arrived at Southampton after a long rail journey to find a massive queue at the dock and it took me about an hour to go thorough just to realise that it was the queue for the screening and that I have not made it yet to the check in! anyway when I got to the check in desk I realised why there was a massive queue as they were only 10-15 check in clerks and when a large ship such as this is sailing I think they should have a few more!

So got my passport out, where is your paperwork? No paperwork, I only had my passport but the lady smiled and checked me in with no tickets whatsoever,just to show that you don’t need anything apart from ID. Finally on the ship I went as you do right away to have lunch at the Windjammer buffet thinking I will struggle to find a table but to my surprise there were plenty of tables and space was ample, maybe most people already had lunch?

I met Simon and toured the ship admiring the facilities and also agreed the ship does not look tired and it’s a beautiful ship, we loved it. Later on we met Sharon, the RCI sales rep , had a couple of drinks and then off to Romeo & Juliet for second seating dinner. The food and service were superb and better than my previous Royal Caribbean cruise so they must have improved! After dinner we headed to the Royal Promenade to watch the Seventies party and the parade, a lot of people participated and joined in and that was a lot of fun. I didn't stay out too late as we had to meet early the next morning, well earlyish so off to bed for a good night sleep in my inside cabin which is quiet nice and adequate.

Day 2- I got up and had a nice breakfast at the Windjammer, again not busy at all and plenty of tables available around. Went to the conference room to meet with Sharon and David again for half a day seminar, that was a lot of fun as we worked in groups and had to do a little presentation, I enjoyed it! After the seminar we went for lunch at Johnny Rockets which was a good experience that I will recommend to anyone, the burger was delicious and thee atmosphere is great, the waiters were even dancing to music and entertaining the guests.

After lunch we went to explore the ship from top to bottom, it is a huge ship and there is plenty to explore.Later on we met at the champagne bar for a drink followed by the meal again at the Romeo & Juliet at the same table which was great again. After dinner we managed to get up a bit heavier and head for the late show which was a comedy presented by Mike Doyle who is hilarious, not seen him before but he kept the audience interested and gave a great show.It was bed time again for me after the show for a good night sleep in the comfortable cabin
                    Last edited by tuggy, warminster; 31st October 2013, 11:21 PM.
                    ]

Comment

Thanks Tuggy, that's much better!
                      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Thanks Tuggy - I was just about to do this

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy