• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence Of The Seas Day 2, Galley Tour and Rockets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Of The Seas Day 2, Galley Tour and Rockets

As I mentioned yesterday I found the running track and gym and that’s how I started my day, 10 laps round the track whilst the sun rose above Le Harve and a few weights to start the day, a nice small healthy breakfast in the Windjammer and then the highlight of the day a galley tour, apparently a privilege, not many people get to do this, amazingly the galley is spread over 3 decks, you should see the amount of prep that goes on behind the scenes, I may get a few pics posted here but I can’t promise as the connection is rubbish and slow, wifi costs are not good 75c a minute, or 49.95 for 90 mins
    Lunch was had a Johnny Rockets, a burger bar come American diner, 4.95 cover charge, well worth it, your choice of a starter, main burger and dessert, great place to bring kids for a treat, the staff were really friendly and even came out and did a dance to Bee Gees Stayin Alive, a bit ironic in a place selling high fat food
    This evening we enjoyed the main Restaurant again, formal night, I was a little disappointed to see there was no Lobster on the menu, well unless you were happy to pay $40.
    The standard of entertainment is outstanding, the main show tonight was a singer and comic Mike Doyle, very funny, very British humor, perfect for a mini cruise, the crowd loved him
    I have worked on many cruise ships, so for inside information or questions, please call me on 0800 408 6147 or email me at simonk@cruise.co.uk.

You can also visit my blog at

You were. Lucky to see Mike Doyle the best comedian I have seen at sea, enjoying the blog thanks Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

i would have loved to have toured the galley and speak with the chefs on out IOS cruise. by far the best food on the cruise ships we have been on. How did you manage it.

Comment

I am lucky to be part of a group, it was pre arranged
        I have worked on many cruise ships, so for inside information or questions, please call me on 0800 408 6147 or email me at simonk@cruise.co.uk.

You can also visit my blog at

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X