• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allure Of The Seas - Final Thoughts - Eve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allure Of The Seas - Final Thoughts - Eve

Back on home ground now after my fantastic trip on the Allure Of The Seas. After a long day of travelling and no sleep on the flight home I am back in work and my trip now feels like it was all a dream. I have to say the Allure was even better then I could of ever of imagined and the thing that really shocked and surprised me about it all was the space and the flow of traffic onboard was better then the smaller ships I have been on. I have said it before but now I have experienced it I can say this really is because of the amount of activities that are put on every day from morning till late if you are not a sun worshipper and like to be involved then this is the ship for you. I loved the Central park out of all the seven neighbour hoods as it had such a lovely peaceful, romantic mood down there and they play bird sounds and relaxing music which really makes you forget you are on a ship. The shows were really good and had a real west end feel to them. It makes you realise that yes ok you may be paying a bit more to sail with Royal but when you consider whats included like the private islands where you can use your sea pass on land , the quality of the shows and entertainment , the activities that you can take part in and the drinks packages that have different deals available for everyones needs then I would say it is the best for value for money. I have written my blog part 1 about my experiences and if any of you have a moment please have a read as I have posted some pics as well.All Aboard with Eve - Cruise Expert . I would sum my experience up by saying I have been wowed by Royal Caribbean and Big is beautiful. If you ever have the chance to experience the Allure or the Oasis then do it because it will be the trip of the lifetime that you will never forget.
    Eve Clark - Cruise Expert Extraordinaire!
    Direct Freephone: 0800 4086080
    Email: evec@cruise.co.uk

Find out more about me and how good my service is at my blog:
    www.allaboardwitheve.blogspot.com

Originally posted by Eve, Cruise.co.uk View Post
    ...the thing that really shocked and surprised me about it all was the space and the flow of traffic onboard was better then the smaller ships I have been on.
    That's what I found with her sister, Oasis. The "biggest" does NOT mean the most crowded.

It will be interesting to RC's design for 'Quantum' in the flesh.

The only ships that can compare with RCI's big ships, especially in terms of entertainment and facilities, are the new ships from NCL: Epic, Breakaway and Getaway.
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 11th December 2013, 03:33 PM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Thanks for the link Eve. Excellent read. I'll be following 'your site'.

More small print to be aware of!

Comment

Your blog and pictures on the link make it a very tempting ship to try,I never thought I would ever say that .
        Maybe if it or a sister ship sails from the UK we may get to try it..Taffy
        ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
          Maybe if it or a sister ship sails from the UK we may get to try it..Taffy
          Taffy, the design of these two ships, including 'Central Park' and the outdoor 'Aqua-Theater' are designed for a hot climate - hotter than the UK usually provides. Regularly operating from the UK is very unlikely.

However these ships will occasionally offer Med cruises when they visit the European shipyard for repairs/maintenance, as Oasis will in 2014. She will visit Southampton on the 15th October before her Trans back to Florida.

My Oasis review: Oasis of the Seas Ship Review | Malcolm Oliver's Cruiseblog
          Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 11th December 2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Hmmm....sounds tempting to try the big ships now from the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by antalismy, UK View Post
              Hmmm....sounds tempting to try the big ships now from the feedback.
              I like both big new ships and smaller/older ships (and the ones in between). All have their advantages.

Personally I think, if you restrict yourself to just one type (say, big or small) I think that you are missing out.
              Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 12th December 2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link to your blog. I've always fancied these large ships and still do especially after reading about it.
                Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

Looks good but can only imagine what happens if a couple of this size of ship docks in small ports. Horrendous!!! It was bad enough with Eclipse, Azura & Epic in St Maarten!
                  Last edited by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear; 12th December 2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X