• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allure Of Thes Seas- Day 5 - Eve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allure Of Thes Seas- Day 5 - Eve

Today was a day at sea so it was a chance to try out the activities onboard.There is plenty of choice as you can imagine but as Im pregnant the rock climbing and zip line was out unfortunately so we settled for the mini golf. It was really hot today and the course isnt under cover so it was a bit of a challenge but great fun and not just for the kids as adults were having a go as well. The rest of our group did give the rock climbing a go so we went up to watch. I have done this before on the Grandeur Of The Seas but the wall on the Allure is easily double the size and everyone said the same that it is great fun but alot harder then it looks. They have different areas of difficulty to challenge yourself with and if you reach the top you ring the bell and this is a great sense of achivement especially with everyone watching.

After this we went the Aqua Theater for the belly flop competition. This was a show of eight men all various shapes and sizes competing for the title of king belly flopper. It was hilarious and had some funny characters that really entertained us. Ken Rush is the cruise director onboard and hosted the show , he is the funniest man and keeps the audience laughing and participating in it all. If you miss out on any of these shows then it is all filmed and you can watch them back in your stateroom later in the day.

After this we decided to give Johnny Rockets a try for lunch which is the famous American diner. There is a small cover charge to eat in here of $5 but well worth it. We sat outside on the boardwalk and ordered our food , Emma opting for a Classic burger and I went for the club sandwhich. If like me your partial to a good club then this is the place to try them. I had to cut it up it was so big and along with a side order of chilli fries , onion rings and strawberry milkshake it was an activity in itself to try and eat it all !!

We had dinner in the main restaurant again tonight and the food was great. A bit samey with scallops and prawns making another appearence for starters but the choice on mains was fine. I opted for the meatballs and they came in a lentil sauce followed by a white mouse and berries pudding so today has been abit of a food fest (good job im in maternity clothes with a stretchy waistband!)

We finished off the night in Studio B which is usually where the ice skating takes place but they transform it on evenings with a hard floor and do shows in here. Ken Rush hosted the show called Quest , which if you have been on Royal before then you may have seen it but trust me not on this scale. The audience is divided in to teams and then you have a male and female captain that takes stage. I dont want to spoil it to much for guests who havent seen it but lets just say it is a scavenger hunt like nothing youve seen. It is for age group 18 and over so I really wouldnt take the little ones along to this one as it is naughty but hilarious. My face ached at the end from all the laughing.

Cozumel Mexico tomorrow which is the last port before we start to head back.
    Eve Clark - Cruise Expert Extraordinaire!
    Direct Freephone: 0800 4086080
    Email: evec@cruise.co.uk

Find out more about me and how good my service is at my blog:
    www.allaboardwitheve.blogspot.com

It sounds like you are having a great time!

Comment

Eve you said that the food was great and then added that "they're a bit samey"...I'm a bit confused ....

Comment

Personally I found the food in Oasis's main dining room to be as good as you could possible expect in a mass market dining, room seating around 3,000 passengers.
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by antalismy, UK View Post
          Eve you said that the food was great and then added that "they're a bit samey"...I'm a bit confused ....
          The food is lovely its just in the main dining room dont expect a huge difference on the menu each night as they do repeat alot of dishes. Its not a huge problem though as there are so many other dining experiences if you want to mix things up a bit.
          Eve Clark - Cruise Expert Extraordinaire!
          Direct Freephone: 0800 4086080
          Email: evec@cruise.co.uk

Find out more about me and how good my service is at my blog:
          www.allaboardwitheve.blogspot.com

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X