• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allure Of The Seas - Day 4 - Eve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allure Of The Seas - Day 4 - Eve

Todays port is Jamaica.............Yeah Man !!
    When we pulled into the port we pulled up along side the Independence Of The Seas and would you believe next to us it looked small!!! It was great to see the two sitting side by side and it really gave us the scale of just how big the mighty Allure really is.

We booked a shore excursion in Jamaica to Red Stripe Beach. I would recommend to book a tour in Falmouth Jamaica as you cant walk to anywhere from the port and the taxis were available but slightly pricey. When you get off the ship the port area is lovely with loads of shops and stalls selling Jamaican goodies. They had a band playing some tunes and everyone was shouting welcome to Jamaica. The bus transfer was about 10 minutes to the beach and when we arrived we were welcomed by the staff on the beach who showed us where to rent chairs and pointed out the huts selling food and drink. The beach was small but beautiful and the sea was aqua and really warm , a little slice of heaven (sorry if your reading this with the central heating on full blast). Beware though if your looking for somewhere peaceful and tranquil then this isnt the place for you as they had bob marley on full blast and had everyone up dancing and playing games. It was really good fun and very reasonable on the beach. A large bottle of coke was $3 and hot dog and chips was $6 and the red stripe beer $5.

After a lovely day on the beach we headed on back to the ship to get ready for our evening of fine dining in the speciality restaurant Giovannis which is Italian. The cover charge in here is $20 and it is situated on Central Park. As I said before this is my favourite area on the ship so I was excited about eating here tonight. The ambience once inside was very romantic with candle lit tables and music gently playing in the background. The menu choice in here was huge and I could of quite happily picked every dish. As there was a large group of us our waiter suggested bringing out a selection of starters so we could sample everything. The table was soon delivered a selection of scallops , Ceaser Salad , Mozzarela wrapped in Palma Ham , Anti Pasti and eggplant. It was excellent but restrain had to be used so I had space for dinner. I ordered the garlic prawns with asparagus and they were perfection. Everyone on the table enjoyed their meals and for the cover charge it was very good value for money.

Day at sea tomorrow so more exploring to be done and a little bit of sun bathing.
    Eve Clark - Cruise Expert Extraordinaire!
    Direct Freephone: 0800 4086080
    Email: evec@cruise.co.uk

Find out more about me and how good my service is at my blog:
    www.allaboardwitheve.blogspot.com

Hi Eve, did you find that 6,000 plus passengers getting on and off a ship was NOT particularly problematic. Surprisingly, I did.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I was on both the Allure and the Indy this year, I would have loved to see them together for a comparison. Love reading both your reviews........Sounds like you and Emma are having a great time!

Comment

Sounds like a beach hopping cruise.....good tip about the pricey taxis, as expected when cruisers arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
          Hi Eve, did you find that 6,000 plus passengers getting on and off a ship was NOT particularly problematic. Surprisingly, I did.
          Hi Malcolm , I have to say the port disemarkation has been absolutley fine and better then some smaller ships I have been on. The operation of it all is run so smoothly I have been really surprised by it. I know when I speak to customers about the Oasis class of ships this is one of the concerns but I can honestly say from day of embarkation it has all been hop on and off with no ques or waiting about it.
          Eve Clark - Cruise Expert Extraordinaire!
          Direct Freephone: 0800 4086080
          Email: evec@cruise.co.uk

Find out more about me and how good my service is at my blog:
          www.allaboardwitheve.blogspot.com

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X