• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allure Of The Seas - Day 3 - Eve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allure Of The Seas - Day 3 - Eve

Today was the first port of call for us at Labadee Haiti. Royal Caribbean own this part of the island so it was just like taking the ships benefits onshore. The sea pass card is used here to purchase all drinks and food so you have everything you need without spending any money. The island was alot bigger then I expected with loads of activities to do. A huge zip wire from the edge of the cliff side over the sea looked like fun but was an extra charge at $90 so a bit pricey but good if your a dare devil. They also had a waterpark area which consited of a water slide and loads of inflatables and jet skies , again at a charge but reasonable and perfect for familes with kids. The food on the island was buffett style with ribs , chicken , rice and peas and salads and you can eat this in the seating area or just take it back to your lounger on the beach. A great extra for those staying in suite accommodation as you have the use of your very own private beach cabana with stunning views over the beach and lovely posh loungers with big comfy cushions. I really loved this port of call as it was really beautiful especially when we first got off the ship and the scenary was lush green mountains and crystal blue sea.

After a hard day relaxing on the beach it was time to head back to the ship. A party of us decided it was time to try out the FlowRider which is located on the back of the ship. They have two on this class of ship and there are no age limits but you must be at least 52 inches to have a go and must sign the waiver form. While I sat and watched from a nice safe distance a few of the lads gave it a go. It looked like great fun and once you jump on your board and get the hang of it you can ride the waves like a pro. I must admit though its a good laugh when one of them fell off and was chucked back up to the top but they reassured us that it doesnt hurt at all.

Before dinner tonight we had pre booked to see the musical Chicago in the Amber Theater. The production was fantastic and the cast had amazing voices. I hadnt seen the show before so it was a real treat for me and had me hooked from the beginning. It lasted for about an hour and a half so straight into dinner from there. Food was great tonight with the highlight being my Mozzarella and tomato started drizzeled in Balsamic. The waiters enteretained us tonight whith some singing and we did the customary waiving the napkins in the air and clapping along. They are a great bunch and are waiter is really looking after us.

Off to Jamaica next , cant wait.
    Eve Clark - Cruise Expert Extraordinaire!
    Direct Freephone: 0800 4086080
    Email: evec@cruise.co.uk

Find out more about me and how good my service is at my blog:
    www.allaboardwitheve.blogspot.com

Sounds like bliss Eve,turning colder as i type this,wish i was there! Jan.

Comment

Me to Jan, would love to visit Labadee, but would give Jamaica a miss?...Taffy
      ​Taffy

Comment

Sounds great Eve but I think you should have had a go on the flow rider - just so you can report on it of course!

Comment

Sounds a full and interesting day Emma and Eve (replying to both ladies). I think cruiselines do these island visits very well. Our last with Holland America on their private island in the Bahamas was very well organised and enjoyable with masses of crew ashore setting out a real food fest for all the passengers, plus other activities laid on.

Comment

Labadee sounds great to me Taffy,oh where are them lottery numbers when you need them? Jan.

Comment

Shame you didn't hire the over water bungalows, they look great.waiter sevice as well

Comment

Originally posted by Harry, Hastings View Post
                Sounds great Eve but I think you should have had a go on the flow rider - just so you can report on it of course!
                Check your insurance cover many standard UK policies will not cover the extreme activities, the flow ride may not be covered. Also other activities on the Caribbean cruises zip lines and jet ski have been mentioned.

Comment

Labadee sounds much better than I thought as I'd always thought I'd stay on board if going there but after reading this would definitely give it a go. Felt the same about CocoCay but went and thoroughly enjoyed it especially the double hammock (that was a sight to be seen!).
                  Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X