• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voyager of the Seas cruises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voyager of the Seas cruises

Does anyone know what Voyager is like ? We are going on the Voyager next April, between Brisbane and Singapore.

Ooh me too, but between Sydney and Singapore. I've not been on her before, but from pictures she looks very nice .............Carol

Comment

Been on explorer which is her sister ship in the same class. Also she's the same as navigator and adventure. Have you sailed on any of those or any other royal ships?
      Sounds like a fab cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariers2, Rushden View Post
        Does anyone know what Voyager is like ?
        That's a very big question about a big ship. I've been on her sister 'Explorer'

This class of ship is one of the first truly mass-market floating resorts. The food is pretty good, but a ship as big as this will never provide excellent food at every meal. RCI's entertainment and ice show are normally very good. The Royal prom is an innovative and attractive feature.

I wrote a review here: http://wp.me/PfRKD-WU
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Thank you Malcolm; we have been on Indy and also on the Quantum's maiden journey to New York, and because a lot of the amenities were not complete, at times we felt like guineapigs on a prototype.It was a completely new experience.

We enjoyed Indy, so if Voyager is anything like that, we should not have anything to complain about.

Comment

Been on Voyager and Explorer. Voyager from Sydney to Perth via New Zealand. Fantastic is all I can say. Lucky you

Comment

Voyager has some special memories for us as our eldest daughter married on a Jamaican beach whilst on a cruise on Voyager out of Miami in 2005.

The arrangements were all made by RCI and there was 15 of us in the wedding party.

When we returned to the UK we held a large reception. It certainly had as much relevence to us all and was different to the standard wedding packages that seemed the norm at that time.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariers2, Rushden View Post
                We enjoyed Indy, so if Voyager is anything like that, we should not have anything to complain about.
                Indy is a stretched (longer) version of the 'Voyager' class - so yes they are pretty similar in many ways.
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We had our first cruise on this ship in 2009 and found everything wonderful, we were on a weeks fly cruise and sailed from Barcelona. A beautiful ship which we would definitely sail on again

Comment

I've been on Voyager (Barcelona to Dubai), Adventure (Southampton to San Juan) and Explorer (Southampton to Barcelona).

I like that class of ship, and had a Promenade cabin on Adventure. I think the Royal Promenade is a nice space on board, with its bars and shops. The cafe is useful for a drink and snacks. The ice shows are spectacular, the dancers do extremely well on a moving ship!
                    2018-
                    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you